Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 47

Thread: anyone good with math and food question ?

  1. #13
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,380
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13794

    Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    A box of THK lasted 2.5 weeks and a bag of Acana last around 5 weeks feeding Chunky the suggested amounts which for Acana is 2.5 cups per day. He is 64lbs and I don't remember the amount of THK I fed Chunky but it was expensive and went fast

    Acana Duck and Pear is $75.00 and THK Turkey and Parsnip is $97.00 so I am saving a lot and he isn't having tear stain issues anymore which was my fault for not cleaning/drying his face after each meal
    So what you are saying duck/pear got rid of the tear stains?

  2. #14
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,040
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)
    3099

    Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    So what you are saying duck/pear got rid of the tear stains?
    No i was saying he had for the first time and issue with tear stains while eating THK and me not cleaning his face well after each meal. I am only cleaning his folds 2-3 times per week now and his tear stains are better but its taken months to get to where he is now and I gave him a bottle of OcuBrite which someone on here suggested which cleared the tears stains up

    Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

  3. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  4. #15
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    6,546
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    5920

    Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

    If Biff wakes-up at 0530 and carries a 50 lb surfboard to the beach while eating a health food salad and catches a wave going 15mph. How long will it take him to get home?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  6. #16
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,670
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2954

    Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

    $125 for THK Spruce is a joke as you are paying for the duck that is in it. You would be better off going with the Preference base mix and buying the duck or other animal protein yourself as it would be cheaper in the long run. We use the Preference mix and even with the proteins we add our average cost is $1.00 to $2.00 per day.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  8. #17
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3838

    Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    If Biff wakes-up at 0530 and carries a 50 lb surfboard to the beach while eating a health food salad and catches a wave going 15mph. How long will it take him to get home?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Ha! let me seeeeeeee, give me a min, i'll surely have this figured.... lolololol

  9. #18
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,380
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13794

    Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    If Biff wakes-up at 0530 and carries a 50 lb surfboard to the beach while eating a health food salad and catches a wave going 15mph. How long will it take him to get home? Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    ONLY YOU!!!!

    Reminds me long time ago I was in a big meeting/conference while I was working in the education field, there was a professor introducing a new way of doing math for elementary children. This was a pilot project in Quebec only before implementing it to the other provinces and it was questions like what you just post. All parents were invited. So he writes a few questions on this massive projection board like in the Universities. Tells the parents not to panic as all teachers was going to learn it and not the parents. Warned the parents NOT to get involved because they will not do it right as they weren't trained and will confused the child more. Puts an example on the board and asked " can someone tell me the answer? " after a couple minutes not one parent nor teachers did. I lean against the director tell him the answer...so he said go for it... sitting against a gym wall raised my hand gave the answer...bammm bang on...lol He gives another question same thing I give the answer....another question I raised my hand but then he said....NOT YOU! Lolllll

  10. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
  11. #19
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3838

    Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    $125 for THK Spruce is a joke as you are paying for the duck that is in it. You would be better off going with the Preference base mix and buying the duck or other animal protein yourself as it would be cheaper in the long run. We use the Preference mix and even with the proteins we add our average cost is $1.00 to $2.00 per day.
    agreed!!!!! And I alternate between preference and kindly and have been searching where to find duck to add to it. and,,,, what protein do you use that you can end up so cost effective??? I feel that his meals are at least 4 bucks a wack.... which Is fine, I eat that much a meal too but just curious...

  12. #20
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,380
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13794

    Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    $125 for THK Spruce is a joke as you are paying for the duck that is in it. You would be better off going with the Preference base mix and buying the duck or other animal protein yourself as it would be cheaper in the long run. We use the Preference mix and even with the proteins we add our average cost is $1.00 to $2.00 per day.
    Meat in the USA is a lot cheaper than Canada. Here in Alberta the so call beef country, you'll pay way more than any other provinces. Go figure. Example, one rib steak of 1" will be from 20 $ - 30 $ !!!! Extra lean ground beef 2lbs will be over $10 to $15.

  13. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
  14. #21
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3838

    Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

    this is going to be another (maybe) lame question but.................... when it sais a cup of protein,,, should I be measuring 'pre' cooked? (that would be real hard with an intact turkey now wouldn't it) I smash a cup of cooked meat into a measuring cup for his 'cup' of meat.. is that right?

  15. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
  16. #22
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    6,546
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    5920

    Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    this is going to be another (maybe) lame question but.................... when it sais a cup of protein,,, should I be measuring 'pre' cooked? (that would be real hard with an intact turkey now wouldn't it) I smash a cup of cooked meat into a measuring cup for his 'cup' of meat.. is that right?
    If Biff gets home at 0530 after robbing a health food store and can run 6 mph in front of a cop car going 20 mph, how many years in the pen will he get?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  17. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
  18. #23
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    6,546
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    5920

    Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    ONLY YOU!!!!

    Reminds me long time ago I was in a big meeting/conference while I was working in the education field, there was a professor introducing a new way of doing math for elementary children. This was a pilot project in Quebec only before implementing it to the other provinces and it was questions like what you just post. All parents were invited. So he writes a few questions on this massive projection board like in the Universities. Tells the parents not to panic as all teachers was going to learn it and not the parents. Warned the parents NOT to get involved because they will not do it right as they weren't trained and will confused the child more. Puts an example on the board and asked " can someone tell me the answer? " after a couple minutes not one parent nor teachers did. I lean against the director tell him the answer...so he said go for it... sitting against a gym wall raised my hand gave the answer...bammm bang on...lol He gives another question same thing I give the answer....another question I raised my hand but then he said....NOT YOU! Lolllll
    Lol. Not me either!!!!!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  19. #24
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    6,546
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    5920

    Default Re: anyone good with math and food question ?

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Meat in the USA is a lot cheaper than Canada. Here in Alberta the so call beef country, you'll pay way more than any other provinces. Go figure. Example, one rib steak of 1" will be from 20 $ - 30 $ !!!! Extra lean ground beef 2lbs will be over $10 to $15.
    Well I do recall my young soldier days standing in the checkout line in the commissary. There was another soldier in the line next to us whose cart was full of steaks I guess having a big unit party. I noticed my wife looked at his basket then ours...we had ground beef..and then back at his. I interrupted her thoughts saying that it was a shame that he could not afford his to have cut up like his.

    I love a good steak...medium rare, with a baked potato all the way, some grilled asparagus, and a good bottle of Merlot. Hmmmmmm gooooooood!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  20. Likes Hankster, helsonwheels liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •