Time to switch to twice a day feedings?

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
Hey guys! Diesel will be 6 months in June... should I start switching him to twice a day feedings soon? Right now he's getting 3/4 cups of the Fromm puppy (pink bag) 3 times a day and seems to be doing good.. Also am I supposed to switch to adult food too or keep feeding the puppy? Thanks!! IMG_2766.JPG

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You can switch to adult with Fromm (or any all stages food) around 6-8 months.

here is a good guideline for feeding... once they are a year, you should go to 1 cup 2x a day

8 weeks1/2 cup 3 times a day
12 weeks2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day
4 & 5 months3/4 cup 3 times a day
6 months to 1 year1.25 to 1.5 cups twice a day

Doobs41378

Mar 24, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Figgy
Great looking dog. Ours is 4.5 months old and was curious the same thing. Thanks for asking!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I always switch to 2 times day at 6 months. Around the same time I switch to adult food, depending on the stock I have home.

OP
Snoboardchk911

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
You can switch to adult with Fromm (or any all stages food) around 6-8 months.

here is a good guideline for feeding... once they are a year, you should go to 1 cup 2x a day

8 weeks1/2 cup 3 times a day
12 weeks2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day
4 & 5 months3/4 cup 3 times a day
6 months to 1 year1.25 to 1.5 cups twice a day

Thank you!!! Is there a certain flavor I should stay with once he's on the adult food?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you!!! Is there a certain flavor I should stay with once he's on the adult food?

Find what works best for him... I started with Fromm heartland red meat for puppy stage and then went to Pork and peas for Lambeau.... it worked well for my other girl and my Frenchie so I stuck with it. But, you my find you have to try a few to find the right one for him.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Depending on the dog's weight, if he's not chunky and moves a lot you can go up to 8 months. Puppy has a lot more calories n more nutrition for the puppy stage. I personally dont like to change to adult too fast. It's extremely important for all puppies to get the proper nutrition while a pup. But if he's growing too fast like my GS was....6 months 50lbs. He was on orijen puppy. Went to orijen adult. He was a special case. Just kept growing non stop. Again if Diesel is growing at a steady pace, very active and has no issues, I dont see the rush. Guideline are great for sure as they are there for a reason. But some dogs will need more or less than what a guideline says. Bottom line is your dog's growing pace. Ok that was my 2 cents.

OP
Snoboardchk911

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
Depending on the dog's weight, if he's not chunky and moves a lot you can go up to 8 months. Puppy has a lot more calories n more nutrition for the puppy stage. I personally dont like to change to adult too fast. It's extremely important for all puppies to get the proper nutrition while a pup. But if he's growing too fast like my GS was....6 months 50lbs. He was on orijen puppy. Went to orijen adult. He was a special case. Just kept growing non stop. Again if Diesel is growing at a steady pace, very active and has no issues, I dont see the rush. Guideline are great for sure as they are there for a reason. But some dogs will need more or less than what a guideline says. Bottom line is your dog's growing pace. Ok that was my 2 cents.

Ok maybe I will wait a little til I switch. I don't think he's growing too fast. I'm not sure of his weight now he hasn't been to the vet in a month or so.. he is very active too. Thanks so much for the info!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ok maybe I will wait a little til I switch. I don't think he's growing too fast. I'm not sure of his weight now he hasn't been to the vet in a month or so.. he is very active too. Thanks so much for the info

You have a scale at home? Weigh yourself then weigh yourself with your dog and then minus your weight. There you go you'll have your dog's weight.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
You have a scale at home? Weigh yourself then weigh yourself with your dog and then minus your weight. There you go you'll have your dog's weight.

I always make my son do it cause I don't want to see my weight lol!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.