Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Check out this video, this news station has been given the data.https://youtu.be/dart3lFJzwM . I wouldn't call the study misleading, you just have to understand that they don't report absolute contaminant numbers, just relative ranking.

I had previously posted a link to a website that rated dog foods based on what contaminants that food contained. It was from Clean Label Project. So here is an interesting article that says that the "study" is misleading to consumers so I just wanted to pass it along:

Clean label rating site misleading to pet food consumers | PetfoodIndustry.com

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
As consumers especially when it comes to pet food its extremely hard to believe anything you read these days. It's all about money. This paragraph in the article....

(That could be because this project and website seem designed to ultimately make money for their owners. For example, for even the pet food products rated with only one star on the site, there’s a button to buy the products on*Amazon.com*– perhaps with the Clean Label Project receiving a referral fee? Aside from any financial opportunities, as one person pointed out to me, if this organization were truly trying to warn consumers about products its testing supposedly showed have dangerous substances, why would it enable the purchase of those products?)

Well there is truth to it. We are seeing more n more, "Press this link commercial buttons" one day soon stores will be shutting down as we are the new generation that buys more online as you dont need to get out n shop. Why probably amazon is going in the food industry. (i doubt its going to work). So basically, whatever you buy as pet food, you need to "read" what's in it. Easier nowadays as we have cell phones and can Google a word you dont know or cant pronounce. So whatever word you cant understand, its guaranteed it's some kind of chemical. My 2 cents.

Most Reactions