truly am sold on the honest kitchen but.....

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I was reading the ingredients on the Acana duck and pear (kibble) and LOVE that there's not carrots or sweet potatoes. I wish that HK would do a base with chick peas or something else... I'm also looking for something for easy travel. Possibly getting the 'spruce' (duck and *sweet potatoe* ) but there again,,,, sweet potatoe! Am I wrong to be sick of reading that word??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Honest Kitchen has a quino one now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No, sorry I saw it on the shelf at a local pet store. I'll see if I can find it

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
thanks, and I do have Marvel as well.Kind of forgot that it didn't have sweet potatoe. .. I really want to try the spruce too,,, or something with duck, or venison.. I'm going to check more on the other quinoa one.. see if there is one besides chicken.. I really don't want Hank to acquire an allergy to something, so only give chicken rarely... Sure would be cheaper if I went ahead and found out.. Sprouts has lots of chicken sales :( wonder if I should give it a shot. I hate to create something though.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It is Thrive Chicken and quinoa... there is also Hope beef and chick pea

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Just may try the Hope.... He loves beef but I was worried cause it gave him gas once (he's a very non gassy dog so far) so I thought mabie that meant it didn't get along with him... Seems to do ok with it now though... good thought! thanks :)
It is Thrive Chicken and quinoa... there is also Hope beef and chick pea

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just may try the Hope.... He loves beef but I was worried cause it gave him gas once (he's a very non gassy dog so far) so I thought mabie that meant it didn't get along with him... Seems to do ok with it now though... good thought! thanks :)

Jill, doesn't mean you give chicken to Hank he'll get allergies. It's not all bullies that have to stay away from chicken. Nyala eats chicken, doesn't seem to bother her. She doesn't eat it often because I rather boil a hugh turkey in one shot than 3 chickens. I know once I gave her wild fish in kibbles for 2 weeks and she started to just want to rub herself everywhere she can to get a good scratch. So thats off her menu. Since she's a pup, ive given her one protein for a month. If nothing happened well it's on her menu. Then I tried another protein and so on. I will reintroduce the wild fish as she's older now and see what happens. Like you, I like her to try everything. All my other dogs just ate everything, anything and they were great. But these dogs are just a tad different. Hank seems to be a bit like Nyala. They can eat almost everything and they're find. Babysteps.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Have you looked at Grandma Lucy's?

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank you so much as always :) And, while his 'daddy' had him his first month , that's what he gave him was chicken and there were no problems so, guess I can probably be ok with it. And, I do give him chicken when I'm cooking it for me, just hadn't given for 'days' at a time. Yes, I think were a couple of the lucky ones that they are good with different things. I too did it slowly,,, so far, so good. and @ Cbrugs, yep, I was excited about the Grandma Lucys but,,,,,,,,,, the second or third ingredient is flax and it seemed the only thing that I could see to possibly not agree with him. He got bumps on his chin that he had not gotton with anything else, so put that one aside for the time being. Thanks for the suggestion! I love getting them :)
Jill, doesn't mean you give chicken to Hank he'll get allergies. It's not all bullies that have to stay away from chicken. Nyala eats chicken, doesn't seem to bother her. She doesn't eat it often because I rather boil a hugh turkey in one shot than 3 chickens. I know once I gave her wild fish in kibbles for 2 weeks and she started to just want to rub herself everywhere she can to get a good scratch. So thats off her menu. Since she's a pup, ive given her one protein for a month. If nothing happened well it's on her menu. Then I tried another protein and so on. I will reintroduce the wild fish as she's older now and see what happens. Like you, I like her to try everything. All my other dogs just ate everything, anything and they were great. But these dogs are just a tad different. Hank seems to be a bit like Nyala. They can eat almost everything and they're find. Babysteps.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
* He got bumps on his chin that he had not gotton with anything else, so put that one aside for the time being. Thanks for the suggestion! I love getting them :)

Nyala has bumps on her chin. Acne. Got a cream as oils n pimples not a good idea. Cream works great. Teenagers!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.