another pro/prebiotic question

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Long ago, when I was studying this for me and my dogs, I had read that it is something you go on for a month or so, and then off for a couple. I'm wondering if this is still something recommended? It just seems that they 'grow' in there as well don't they, so it just seems you should let the body do some work? Been years since I've done and study so if someone else has, that would be nice.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I don't know the answer but good question. I give Jax Bene-Bac Plus which is a pre/probiotic. I usually give it once or twice a week. Interested in what other people say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I know that in Tibet, where they drink milk kefir, they believe in drinking 2 cups a day for 20 days, then take a 10 day break. Kefir is more potent than probiotics, but I believe that probiotics shouldn't be given continuously either.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
well good... It just seems right, and I also like adding a good sauerkraut in the mix and he loves it :) I got a good (well I don't love it) kefir that's grass fed and all and I share with him as well as 'gut sence' that I do for days in spirts. Thanks for any and all input :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Keifer or bagged sauerkraut... 2 weeks and then a break

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Interested in how to give the sauerkraut. Jax can't do kefir, it makes him throw up. Have I ever mentioned how "special" he is?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty is on a fairly long course of antibiotics (cephalexin) because of his tail infection so I have been giving him probiotics the whole time. I hope that is OK.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'm pretty sure that's just what your suppose to do!! and as far as the sauerkraut,,, It's important you get the fermented refrigerated one as it is the one with the probiotics. And for us, we do a big ole tablespoon plopped right in his empty bowl. He eats that b4 breakfast right up. I have mixed in as well, but that's how we usually do it or an eve snack. Does NOT cause him gas ;)
Monty is on a fairly long course of antibiotics (cephalexin) because of his tail infection so I have been giving him probiotics the whole time. I hope that is OK.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Alot of people dont know this but you need "both" for your system and pets to work properly. Best way to explain as I will confuse you if the french or Italian kicks in........ is the link below. Then you'll go...ahhhhhhh

https://draxe.com/prebiotics/

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.