chicken liver and gizzard?

donuat

Feb 17, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
angus
my bullie is 3 months old and we're feeding him chicken liver and gizzard, besides his dry food, what do you guys think?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Are you feeding them cooked or raw? In general, livers are too rich to feed regularly. My Stig's on the raw diet and liver only constitutes 5% of his meals. Gizzards are considered meat not organ, so they should be ok.

OP
donuat

donuat

Feb 17, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
angus
oh its cooked, i just want to add real food because in mexico is not that easy to find good quality kibbles and its reaaally expensive :crazy: so thats why i want to make up for it giving him some real food hehe.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We only feed the Fromm with veggies and fruits added so can't really comment ... however, I too have been told that you can only give them a small amount of liver because it is too rich for them to have a lot of it.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
If dry food or kibble is hard to find , you are doing a good thing by asking questions here. You are sure to get the best advice. I think you can add eggs, carrots, plain low fat yogart, can pumkin and you can even make your own treats at home! Im sure the others will give you plenty of ideas:heart:

OP
donuat

donuat

Feb 17, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
angus
thanks for the ideas guys, I mean the best we can find is, royal canin or eukanuba, but its almost impossible to find fromm, or avoderm or something like that, i think ill get some on my next trip to texas.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online