Taste of the Wild making dogs sick?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I don't know anything about the current situation, but I try to avoid brands that have had a lot of recalls eg. Diamond ( TOTW , 4Health, Kirkland, Natural Balance ), Blue Buffalo, Stella and Chewys, Iams/Eukanuba, Merrick, Nature's Variety, Bravo

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW... I read the complaints, and I'm shocked that they haven't issued a recall yet. I feed my dogs Fromm's and we've never had an issue... we started them off on Fromm's puppy food in the pink bag.

rbourque314

Jun 25, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lincoln
I've been feeding Lincoln TOTW since I've had him at 11 weeks old; he is now 10.5 months old. He started with TOTW puppy and at 4 months he was switched to adult TOTW. No problems at all!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have been feeding TOTW for 5 years. No problem. I have two full bags unopened, now I am scared!

OP
Cecil

Cecil

Mar 1, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Burt
WOW... I read the complaints, and I'm shocked that they haven't issued a recall yet. I feed my dogs Fromm's and we've never had an issue... we started them off on Fromm's puppy food in the pink bag.

Which Fromm Puppy? The all pink bag or the bag with pink that is grain free? I'm guessing grain free?

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Which Fromm Puppy? The all pink bag or the bag with pink that is grain free? I'm guessing grain free?

It's the Fromm's Puppy Gold, and I do believe that is not grain-free... I transitioned them to four star grain-free kibble at about 8 month old.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/taste-of-the-wild.html

This looks like most of the complaints are only a few days old. Has anyone experienced this? I was planning on feeding TOTW to my puppy when he comes home in a few weeks but now I am really hesitant. I used it before and my puppy loved it and thrived from it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke

When I was washing Nyala at the pet shop I buy her food n groom her, the owner was saying no one is buying that brand n Wellness. Too many recalls. She was thinking not to hold it anymore. To be honest with you, me personally, I wouldn't go near it as way too many recalls. You just need that one bag in your house. Companies like that should be doing their own bags instead contracting elsewhere. Not worth losing your name on a product that use to be quality and now going down hill. Orijen, Acana, Fromm are brands you can trust. Or start cooking :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I fed Lambeau the puppy grain free Frommm... Heartland red meat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Cecil

Cecil

Mar 1, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Burt
It's the Fromm's Puppy Gold, and I do believe that is not grain-free... I transitioned them to four star grain-free kibble at about 8 month old.

So for the puppy, food with grain is okay?

I apologize if I'm being a pest. Burt comes home in a few weeks. Just want to start him out as best I can.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

I apologize if I'm being a pest. Burt comes home in a few weeks. Just want to start him out as best I can.

No...no grain. Just stay away from grains :) and you're not a pest! We like to help so you're guided on tne right path. Ask whatever you want.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I would go with the Fromm Heartland Gold Puppy Grain Free or Orijen puppy which is also grain free. For Canadians I would definitely say go with Orijen puppy since it's made in Canada and our exchange rate is horrible.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I sometimes feed my dogs Merrick canned food, is this food ok?? They always get Fromm dry food and Canidae canned food mixed in. But for the change of flavor I give them Merrick canned food. Please someone let me know if this food is ok(Merrick)It is called Wingaling grain free with chicken wings that are fully cooked and soft, sweet potatoes,carrots, peas, red delicious apples. Thank You, Susan and Elmo

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Yes I would stick to the puppy food that is grain-free... and NO you are not being a pest... Lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.