Need New Treat For Joey-HELP Please

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Just gave my bullies duck feet for first time- both loved it, one spewed it up ! IMG-20170324-WA0003.jpgIMG-20170324-WA0002.jpgIMG-20170324-WA0001.jpg

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
First of all, how nice to see another bully on Life's Abundance! We've been reps for over 10 years! I think the food really helped Mabel. I have occasionally added a little applesauce or cottage cheese to the food for an extra treat. Mabel used to love the Wholesome Hearts treats. She was unable to have peanut butter on anything because of her respiratory issues (it came out of her nose--yuck). The only chew treat she really liked were elk antlers.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
First of all, how nice to see another bully on Life's Abundance! We've been reps for over 10 years! I think the food really helped Mabel. I have occasionally added a little applesauce or cottage cheese to the food for an extra treat. Mabel used to love the Wholesome Hearts treats. She was unable to have peanut butter on anything because of her respiratory issues (it came out of her nose--yuck). The only chew treat she really liked were elk antlers.

WOW you're the only other bully owner that I know that feeds or has even heard of Life's Abundance! I didn't know they had "reps". I was advised to feed her their puppy food right away and then into adult because of the nutrition/grain free and Joey has done GREAT on the food, PLUS the auto ship is great and it's made fresh monthly :) Joey gets moose antlers right now and that's pretty much it.....

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
WOW you're the only other bully owner that I know that feeds or has even heard of Life's Abundance! I didn't know they had "reps". I was advised to feed her their puppy food right away and then into adult because of the nutrition/grain free and Joey has done GREAT on the food, PLUS the auto ship is great and it's made fresh monthly :) Joey gets moose antlers right now and that's pretty much it.....

You should become a rep! It's a nice way to make a little money on the side--or a lot, if you really work it. Talk to the person that you buy the food from. I am sure they'll be happy to share the information!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Life's Abundance looks like a good food, no recalls, but I don't believe they make their own product. Ohio Pet makes their kibble and Simmons makes their canned food according to this website Who Makes What in Pet Food – Truth about Pet Food . Simmons makes all these dog foods:
Blue Buffalo can,Canidae can,Castor Pollux Can,Life’s Abundance Can,Nature’s Logic Can,Ol’ Roy Can,Dogswell can,Evolve can,Petcurean can,Nature’s Variety can. Strangely enough Ohio Pet makes Evanger dry dog food and Life's Abundance dry dog food which had no recall, and Evanger makes their own canned food which was involved in a recent recall.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I looked it up.... 5 stars on the dog food adviser page... nice

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Life's Abundance looks like a good food, no recalls, but I don't believe they make their own product. Ohio Pet makes their kibble and Simmons makes their canned food according to this website Who Makes What in Pet Food – Truth about Pet Food . Simmons makes all these dog foods:
Blue Buffalo can,Canidae can,Castor Pollux Can,Life’s Abundance Can,Nature’s Logic Can,Ol’ Roy Can,Dogswell can,Evolve can,Petcurean can,Nature’s Variety can. Strangely enough Ohio Pet makes Evanger dry dog food and Life's Abundance dry dog food which had no recall, and Evanger makes their own canned food which was involved in a recent recall.

I'm not sure about the point you're trying to make. The companies that manufacture the foods for us that the Life's Abundance in-house veterinarian formulates were specially selected to make the food, which is made from high-quality ingredients. I have spent quite a bit of time with Dr. Bicks on the phone and in person. She is an amazing woman with an incredible knowledge of pet nutrition. You are right. We have had no recalls, though we don't want to be smug and say it can never happen. The good part of our company is that we know where every single bag from every single small batch is sent. If we (God forbid) ever have a recall we will know where every bag from every batch of food was delivered and will immediately notify the customers.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
You should become a rep! It's a nice way to make a little money on the side--or a lot, if you really work it. Talk to the person that you buy the food from. I am sure they'll be happy to share the information!

Hmmmm, thanks! I actually am just on autoship from the website directly, no person involved.....does that sound right?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
The point I'm trying to make is that it is a decent dog food with no recalls, and not expensive and I'm sure it's great for most non allergic dogs. BUT, I don't like the fact that it's made by co-packers. Also it's only 4.5 stars on dogfoodadvisors and there are a lot of better dog foods out there that are 5 star, eg. Orijen. Orijen is more expensive but doesn't even need added vitamins since it is so complete. ALSO,the grain free Life's Abundance dog food has chicken in it, and there are a lot of bulldogs allergic to chicken. I don't see why you would choose Life's Abundance over Fromm since Fromm has a whole line you can switch amongst if your dog is allergic to one protein. Or, even better, if you have an allergic bully, switch to a dehydrated or freeze dried raw dog food, or a frozen raw dog food,

I'm not sure about the point you're trying to make. The companies that manufacture the foods for us that the Life's Abundance in-house veterinarian formulates were specially selected to make the food, which is made from high-quality ingredients. I have spent quite a bit of time with Dr. Bicks on the phone and in person. She is an amazing woman with an incredible knowledge of pet nutrition. You are right. We have had no recalls, though we don't want to be smug and say it can never happen. The good part of our company is that we know where every single bag from every single small batch is sent. If we (God forbid) ever have a recall we will know where every bag from every batch of food was delivered and will immediately notify the customers.

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Hmmmm, thanks! I actually am just on autoship from the website directly, no person involved.....does that sound right?

They have probably "assigned" your account to an established rep. If you look at the website under "contact us" you may see who that is. We have gotten a few customers that way. We have used the food for years with no problems. Mabel loved the food and thrived on it--no allergies, no digestive issues.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
As many have stated...all bones must be raw. I would turn down the smoked variety too. Always choose the biggest and hardest bone you can find. No choking hazzard here...15078534_10154761789394726_3645766287223236246_n.jpg1185927_10151843939659726_594977309_n.jpg

Any other kind of treats I use only when training or for very good behavior. I usually cook pigs tongue or chicken gizzards and chop them to bits. Half goes to the freezer and halff to the owen. So half is used only cooked and half dried.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.