General Question Has anyone tried the grain free dog food at Tractor Supply

DTYoung2383

Mar 14, 2017
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzy
We are awaiting the arrival of our first Bulldog and I've been researching grain free foods. One can't help but notice the price of going grain free. I've found a grain free dog food that they sell at Tractor Supply called "4Health." I was just wondering if anyone has tried that, and if so, have they had any luck with it? I've had Boxers for years and sadly had fed them foods loaded with fillers and grains, and had no idea how bad that stuff is. My boxers lived long lives and never had any health issues, but I'm trying to make sure that my bull dog is given nothing but the best since they're so prone to skin allergies and other problems.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have heard good things about 4Health... here is a website that we recommend when it comes to deciding your dogs food. I use Fromm's, but in the past I have gotten Wellness Core, Merrick and Earthborn Holistic. All great rated foods...

Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have several friends that use it for their pups and they love it.

Alexiconartist

Jan 12, 2014
I've just switched to 4Health since my growing pack of mouths to feed
Blue buffalo is awesome and slightly less at ractor supply.

So far so good with 4Health

Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

DTYoung2383

Mar 14, 2017
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzy
I've just switched to 4Health since my growing pack of mouths to feed
Blue buffalo is awesome and slightly less at ractor supply.

So far so good with 4Health

Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm located in Bridge city, Texas. There are so many to choose from. I've been looking at the 4health and the Taste of the Wild, which is what our breeder said she's been feeding her bullies.

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
We use Earthborn Holistic Great Plains (Bison & Lamb). It's also sold at Tractor Supply, about $50, for 28lbs. It's really healthy with no fillers, no grains, no poultry, and no potatoes. They have other flavors that include poulty & potato though- we just prefer not to give it. We tried to save money at one point by using Purina Pro Plan (still like $40), but it gave Effie AWFUL ear yeast, itchy paws, and goopy eyes. Earthborn is a little more expensive, but ultimately it's worth it! The company has never had any recalls either. Ours seem to love the flavor :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have not used it but remember a few members using it and having good results

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I never tried it for my dog but being that you live in Texas you might want to support a local product-Victor Active Dog and Puppy Formula which is also quite inexpensive and 5 star on Dogfoodadvisor. I just worry that some of 4Health foods might be made by Diamond, which you probably heard is known for having recalls in the past. If you can afford it you won't go wrong with Fromm Heartland Gold Grain Free puppy, or Orijen puppy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.