Fromm Heartland Gold large breed puppy thought?

MaximusMum

Mar 12, 2017
MA
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I'm just looking for any opinions on Fromm's Heartland Gold for puppies. I've recently began making the switch from TOTW high prairie due to severe intermittent diarrhea which smelled like a sewer and extreme gas. My poor guys was always very bloated. His Vet even made comments about it during a check up. I was told to add pumpkin to help add some fiber and see it would clear up but it's been two week and he still has it. He was on the food for a month in total so I gave it time to help square itself out. I will note he also had his stools came back negative as I thought maybe a parasite. We ruled that out, and are back at square one with his food. I'm just looking for opinions is this a good food for bullybabies? What are your opinions on the quality?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I fed Lambeau the Fromm Heartland grain free red meat version... he had no issues with it at all. At 7-8 months i switched him to Pork and Peas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

MaximusMum

Mar 12, 2017
MA
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Thank you, I'm hoping for smooth sailing too for my poor guy. I feel bad for his poor tummy.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I started both of my bullies on the Fromm's in the pink bag, then we switched to Beef Frittata and we also rotate to the other grain free varieties. Maybe the protein in TOTW is too much for him...

OP
M

MaximusMum

Mar 12, 2017
MA
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I was thinking the same thing. I will be trying Fromm hopefully his belly will settle down a bit.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.