Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
Hello everyone! I am new here and new to this breed! I have a 9 week old pup that I have had about 5 days now. He is eating royal canin bulldog puppy (per the Breeder.). She also told me to free feed him. He has been having soft stools (soft ice cream consistency.) His stool tests including giardia came back negative. Should I try changing foods or changing the amount of food per feeding?? I hate royal canin, my other dogs eat Fromm, but I was just following the breeders suggestion. Thanks so much!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
welcome :) How exciting to have a new baby in the house :) Im sure your going to hear..... yes! change food! so keep checkin as there is lots to be said about this breed diff than others :) I'll be reading as well.. I know theres lots of happy fromm users here, as well as acanna, orijen, Honest kitchen, home cookers, and raw feeders s well, so you'll get a nice variety :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello everyone! I am new here and new to this breed! I have a 9 week old pup that I have had about 5 days now. He is eating royal canin bulldog puppy (per the Breeder.). She also told me to free feed him. He has been having soft stools (soft ice cream consistency.) His stool tests including giardia came back negative. Should I try changing foods or changing the amount of food per feeding?? I hate royal canin, my other dogs eat Fromm, but I was just following the breeders suggestion. Thanks so much!

RC is absolutely crap. Go with fromm for puppy or I prefer orijen for puppy a tad higher quality in kibble.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Above comments are very good. I'm not a fan of free feeding. Could be your puppy is eating too much and cannot adequately digest what it is taking in. Feed according to the chart in this post...

Give 15 minutes to eat and then take away the food. Get your puppy on your schedule ASAPractical.

English Bulldog News Forums - Why Does My Bulldog Puppy Have Diarrhea?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:welcome3: to EBN.... I would switch him over to Fromm if that is what you are using get him off the RC crap. and, I agree -- not a fan of free feed, some dogs just can not do it

OP
Snoboardchk911

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
Thank you so much everyone!! I will stop the free feeding and switch over asap!!

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
:welcome3: to EBN.... I would switch him over to Fromm if that is what you are using get him off the RC crap. and, I agree -- not a fan of free feed, some dogs just can not do it

I am seeing two different fromm puppy formulas online.. both pink bags but one is grain free and I may be wrong but the it appears the other isn't. Should we go grain free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am seeing two different fromm puppy formulas online.. both pink bags but one is grain free and I may be wrong but the it appears the other isn't. Should we go grain free?

The grain free is what I used for Lambeau it worked great for him

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Most likely the pup is eating too much and tat causes loose stools. Ans as others have stated RC also is not the best food for a dog.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.