Help Needed! Bella Won't Eat Her Food... :(

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hey everybody I'm just writing to see if anybody had any tips or suggestions to get my bulldog Bella to start eating her food again. We moved recently and sometimes she's eating her food well and other days she is not. More recently I switched foods on her from Fromm's four-star adult dog food back to the Fromm's chicken flavored food. I notice she will eat little treats that we stick in her food but pick around and not actually eat the food itself. She never used to be this picky but has always been a little bit picky as we make her a scrambled egg from time to time and she knows when we get the egg carton out it's egg time! If anybody has any tips to get her to start eating her food again it would be much helpful and appreciated.

She just seems more picky than usual and even has a hard time doing her business from time to time as more recently it just seemed she was squatting forever until something came out. I've heard purée pumpkin filling is supposed to help with that though. Not sure if that still safe but I believe I read somewhere on the site way back when that it was a helpful tip. If anybody can confirm this that would also be much appreciated. Thank you!
2752e19b5ee8ce3b07d43a606adba741.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi there and welcome! Well you mentioned you just moved and plus you switched her food. That's 2 whammies for Madame Bella to absorb. Yes get back to her original food till she accepts the move. Then change her food. Stop adding goodies or treats till she starts eating her regular food again. When she gets hungry she'll eat. She wont poop much if she doesn't eat. Pumpkin is for loose stools. Try that see what happens. By the way, Madame Bella is sure purrrdy!

OP
Bryan4Bella7

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi there and welcome! Well you mentioned you just moved and plus you switched her food. That's 2 whammies for Madame Bella to absorb. Yes get back to her original food till she accepts the move. Then change her food. Stop adding goodies or treats till she starts eating her regular food again. When she gets hungry she'll eat. She wont poop much if she doesn't eat. Pumpkin is for loose stools. Try that see what happens. By the way, Madame Bella is sure purrrdy!

I was wondering if dogs picked up on moving or not. We moved about two hours south to Indianapolis, Indiana and she seems to like it at times and other times she misses her grandma and grandpa! The first few weeks she was kind of depressed but then started eating again. I just recently switched food about a month and a half ago and she was doing fine at first but then started to ignore it when I would pour it in her bowl. We're back to her one of her favorites which is the chicken Fromm's so I'm hoping she'll gain an appetite again soon. Thank you for the nice comment and the helpful hint. Madame Bella really appreciates the compliment!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes dogs do pick up on moving homes. EB are also a bit OCD....ok a lot for some. Lolll at xmas ive rearranged the living room to put the tree. Nyala just stood there staring at the living room and especially the tree. Like "what's that tree doing in the house" . If Madame Bella*misses grandpa n grandma n was a bit depressed, well you now know why she's reacting like so. Give her time with lots of cuddles and lots of walking around the block so she gets use to the new neighborhood.

OP
Bryan4Bella7

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yes dogs do pick up on moving homes. EB are also a bit OCD....ok a lot for some. Lolll at xmas ive rearranged the living room to put the tree. Nyala just stood there staring at the living room and especially the tree. Like "what's that tree doing in the house" . If Madame Bella*misses grandpa n grandma n was a bit depressed, well you now know why she's reacting like so. Give her time with lots of cuddles and lots of walking around the block so she gets use to the new neighborhood.

Can new furniture play a big impact on how a dog acts as well? My girlfriend and I like your idea of taking her around the neighborhood for walks as we take her to the local park and also the state park that's nearby but would like to walk around the complex a little more and haven't done so since moving down with it being winter, the cold, the holidays and all. We will give this a shot tomorrow and stop with the treats and just let her get back in her groove.Thanks for the input!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Can new furniture play a big impact on how a dog acts as well? My girlfriend and I like your idea of taking her around the neighborhood for walks as we take her to the local park and also the state park that's nearby but would like to walk around the complex a little more and haven't done so since moving down with it being winter, the cold, the holidays and all. We will give this a shot tomorrow and stop with the treats and just let her get back in her groove.Thanks for the input!

Get her a jacket so you dont avoid her walks. Even on very cold days, 10 mins is better than nothing. If it's extremely cold and you're the only one outside, that means 5 mins max lol,

OP
Bryan4Bella7

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Get her a jacket so you dont avoid her walks. Even on very cold days, 10 mins is better than nothing. If it's extremely cold and you're the only one outside, that means 5 mins max lol,

Good call! We can definitely put on a sweater for the walk tomorrow and five minutes or 10 minutes max sounds about right for me as well! lol

OP
Bryan4Bella7

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
a0960dce8d0693ffe0c5804b350c41c9.jpg
Bella looks so depressed... or tired. Or both... :(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Awwwa she's a pretty little thing. Listen if it's not cold at all a good 20mins if she's an active dog. I don't know her or you. Dogs needs to move. Not because they are EB they need to just lay there and look like that. Does she usually move a lot? She looks bored.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
a0960dce8d0693ffe0c5804b350c41c9.jpg
Bella looks so depressed... or tired. Or both... :(

Helene has you totally covered!!

Miss Bella is a beauty-- need more pictures if that sweet face!

And, of course--- CUBBIES! I see the W

OP
Bryan4Bella7

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Helene has you totally covered!!

Miss Bella is a beauty-- need more pictures if that sweet face!

And, of course--- CUBBIES! I see the W

Go Cubs! Of course! Here's a few more :p
2885f68f5d549867e87548baf444aaa7.jpg
22f4d8fe27b3238a3d51a5cb8cfe3de3.jpg
2b4ff99eb2264dbaecd72d7971c126dc.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That tongue!!! :luv:

Here is our girl that passed two years ago, but she is named after my b/f favorite Cub....

Miss Banks [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]
fdcea6c829e037232bdff7810d47ce65.jpg

OP
Bryan4Bella7

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
That tongue!!! :luv:

Here is our girl that passed two years ago, but she is named after my b/f favorite Cub....

Miss Banks [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]
fdcea6c829e037232bdff7810d47ce65.jpg

Awesome that you named her after Ernie. Love it!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awesome that you named her after Ernie. Love it!

Her full registered name is Ferguson Santo Banks [emoji173][emoji173]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.