How does your bully do on turkey?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I am looking at proteins for my boy. I'm just wondering how other dogs have done on turkey when their dog has reacted to chicken.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I was going to say GREAT, but then I realized what I read and it was....* IF* they didn't do well on chicken.. sooooooooooooo, I 'thinik' Hank can do either, but turkey for sure... I don't push much chicken since I have read here it can be a bulldog issue...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala has been eating turkey since shes 5 months old so been over a year. Does ABSOLUTELY GREAT on it. No issues whatsoever. I boil it for 5 hrs, keep the broth, top her meals with it. (Get rid of the fats) She is very fit! Chicken I rather stay away. I do give her some once in a while if im eating chicken but rarely. I wouldn't use it for her meals. Right now she's on lean beef. I noticed when she goes outside she rubs herself here n there. Im keeping an eye on that. It might get on her no no list with the fish lol. So far turkey is A+ in my book. Also lamb is great!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My banks was highly allergic to chicken (hives, swollen face and labored breathing), but she had no issue with turkey, duck or pheasant

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
Rosco is like banks, allergic to chicken, rabbit, and severely allergic to duck. We haven't tried pheasant.
Turkey, fish, and lamb have been fine for him.
Beef and pork he gets a little pink(both) and a little itchy(beef) sheds more(pork) but not terrible. So he only gets those every now and then usually in snack form.
Good Luck on your search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola is allergic to chicken and turkey but does fine on duck

Most Reactions