1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION]..... You lost me...and doesn't take much lolll so what you're saying is you don't want to cook a protein to add to the H K base? It doesn't need to be duck or salmon. Can be any meat. Start with beef. If that doesn't work try chicken or turkey etc. Whatever you are eating for supper as meat make an extra portion. Like feeding a child.

Sooooo.....

The HK box I have makes 29lbs. I paid $72. In Canada is always more expensive than US. But if I buy Acana lamb, cost me not far from $85 and last a month ish and its 25lbs only. If I do the math, HK comes out to the same price. Maybe $10 more out of my pocket. But at least Nyala is eating real food. If its going to cost me 10 $ more a month and down the road she's healthy, well im sure fine with that. Acana n orijen are the top notch kibbles out there hands down. But no matter what, it still has to be process to form it into a little kibble. Boils down people can feed there dog whatever they want. So all of you EBN members, my input is a suggestion. :yes:

LOL. Helene, you are assuming I cook! I am not joking, I rarely cook. I understand everything you are saying, it just doesn't apply to me. I have been through several foods and proteins and have found a food that suits him so at this point I am not going to fix what isn't broken.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I looked at Honest Kitchen base mix but at this point do not want to cook Duck or Salmon for him on a regular basis plus I feed both my dogs the same food. If I find down the road that he can't tolerate any of the Zignature options then I will probably give HK another look. Zignature is less expensive than Acana, Orijen etc and a similar cost to Fromms. HK is more expensive from what I have seen.

I had to take my doxie to the vet yesterday and he was saying that tree pollens are really picking up (at least, here in Houston). Great! I have notcied Monty licking his paws a bit so here we go, the winter respite is over!! :mad:

You do not have to use the base mix, THK comes with the duck already in it.
Or whatever protien you choose to use, although with allergies, I would recommend a novel protien.
Of course Kevin is as handsome as ever! I do not see on extra ounce on that baby!! :whistle:

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
The Duck is not grain free unfortunately.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sorry..... my phone is going crazy. About time for a new one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all good. Thought it was one of them short typing version eord. Like btw or idk when I first saw that was like...google it loll

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for everybody's response..

I let the doggies try a little of the Zignature Kangaroo last night and they both LOVED it. Which is crazy, because Molly HATES EVERYTHING (unless its cheese)! But.. It sounds like it's higher in sodium then i'd like.

I think im going to try @helsonwheels idea of trying Honest Kitchen (it looks like the same store i bought the sample Zignature from also sells Honest Kitchen). Hopefully it will work out like @brutus77 said and he'll also lose a little weight at the same time.

side note.. umm.. The vet used the 'cubby' word again last week. On the way home I had to tell Kevin that she meant PHAT as in "Yo, Kevin.. your so PHAT!!" (Pretty Hot and Tempting).. not the other FAT. I don't think he bought it..

I'm a horrible parent because i haven't taken a lot of pictures of the dogs lately.. you'll have to settle for some recent pictures from my phone.

kevin2017.jpg

molly2017.jpg

Kevin on his ottoman watching people watch TV... And molly sleeping on the couch with cheese on her nose.

Thanks for everybodys help! I'm off to the pet food store again today :)

KEVIN!!! Where have you been ... you handsome devil!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.