Treat for new puppy

trever1723

Jan 23, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
LuLu
We just got our puppy last Thursday, and she turned 10 weeks yesterday. She has been doing well with training and I would like to have a treat to give her from time to time for reward with how well she is doing. I am feeding her TOTW with no problems. What type of treats would you recommend? The nearest PetSmart is about an hour away, so I get most of my pet supplies at the local rural king, TSC, or Walmart. Thanks for the help in advance.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN

I use their kibble most times, but a few good ones that you can get online (chewy dot com) are:

Fruitables
Wet Noses
I also use Stella and Chewy's meal toppers as a high value treat ... expensive but the bag last a good while since I do not use them everyday

OP
trever1723

trever1723

Jan 23, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
LuLu
I seen on here where someone else mentioned the fruitables. Which kind is best? I noticed that some of them have grain in the ingredients.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I seen on here where someone else mentioned the fruitables. Which kind is best? I noticed that some of them have grain in the ingredients.

I like the mini's... they are grain free, I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Worth getting proper treats and stay away from Walmart treats. Most comes from China with colours. Make them if you're too far. Great advice above! I give real fruits n cheese. White cheese as I never seen a cow with yelow milk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online