RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
How many of you have horses and bulldogs? I was wondering do your bullies eat horse manure? How much those bullies or other dogs have skin disorders and allergies?

PatriciaS

Jan 24, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank & Gracie
Hi RiiSi - My Dogue de Bordeau does, and all dogs at the stables do. Fillies & colts tend to eat their mother's manure from time to time, too. I'm told that they do this for the nutrients & probiotics that the manure contains. Once my DDB enjoyed a bit too much of it, & vomited an entire manure pile onto my kitchen floor! �� I now make sure she's not hungry before we go there.

My DDB does have skin issues. I'm currently treating her for demodex, & she has gotten hives during spring/summer months from various grasses. I hadn't thought to link eating manure w/ skin conditions before seeing your post. The allergies were exhibited prior to my ever taking her to the stables, but the demodex seems to have started after.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
How many of you have horses and bulldogs? I was wondering do your bullies eat horse manure? How much those bullies or other dogs have skin disorders allergies?

My son has 6 horses and 3 dogs. Non bullies. None have allergies. I go with Nyala and it's all good. But I dont allow her to go near them as 3 are Clydesdale (the budweiser horses lol) as Nyala is the same size as a hoof. Went 2 yrs with my GS all good and he was drinking out of the same water tank. Never was sick.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.