Any thought on Venision raw bones for My bully ?

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I know some use beef bones raw / frozen
any thoughts about venison bones raw frozen ??

I have two large boxes of them , I do not hunt but My friends do and always give Me all the stewing meat and such to cook up , make excellent high vitamin C stews and broth for stews .

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have thought about it but decided against it as I figured as the bones are smaller in size that they would break and splinter much easier as the bone itself isn't as thick as a beef bone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have give the joint bone but watch since they are smaller/thinner... i also trashed it when we went to bed--- they loved them but i was not comfortable letting it stay around after all the meat and marrow were gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I have thought about it but decided against it as I figured as the bones are smaller in size that they would break and splinter much easier as the bone itself isn't as thick as a beef bone.

Ya was my concern was the splintering , not good for any dog, thanks Todd

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I have give the joint bone but watch since they are smaller/thinner... i also trashed it when we went to bed--- they loved them but i was not comfortable letting it stay around after all the meat and marrow were gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks Chris think I will take a rain check on the idea, I do not need any issues with them all TY

Alpha1

Nov 18, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Zik
I have never been a big fan on these bones. When I was young, one of our neighbor's dogs was seriously hurt so I have always said it is better for me to be safe than sorry.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.