Bones for bulldogs?

ctass

Dec 29, 2016
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Hello all, I have a 3 month old bully named bailey, my mom gives her pit bull frozen beef bones and I was wondering if it is safe to give one to bailey?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
As long as they are raw. Be wary of rotten breath, but the doggies love them

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello all, I have a 3 month old bully named bailey, my mom gives her pit bull frozen beef bones and I was wondering if it is safe to give one to bailey?

Sure is... i give them once a week and started when the pups were 10 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

ctass

Dec 29, 2016
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Excellent thank you! I noticed your from pa, I live right between the Lehigh valley and the poconos and I am in search of a good ebd vet if you have any recommendations? Again thanks for your help!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Excellent thank you! I noticed your from pa, I live right between the Lehigh valley and the poconos and I am in search of a good ebd vet if you have any recommendations? Again thanks for your help!

For a vet they will answer you. Just hang on.... for the bones well as you saw all great advice! I always gave all my dogs marrow bones. I just gave one to Nyala 2 hrs ago. Of course she empty the marrow in 30 mins. I never give the joint bones. I personally found all my dogs had like crumbling stools. Also it avoids them chewing on your furniture! !!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I'm about 45 mins from Allentown... i drive about an hour to get to our vet -- he is in Lansdale. And, [MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] is in the Easton area.. she might be closer for yoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=16689]ctass[/MENTION] - Welcome!! Where in PA are you?? So nice to have other bulldog parents close by.

Ellie Sees a vet in Flemington, NJ, at Flemington Animal Hospital, it is a little bit of drive, but SOOOOO worth it - her name is Dr Charlie Kydd, and she actually breeds and raises Bulldogs as well.

OP
C

ctass

Dec 29, 2016
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Thank you for the response! I'm a little north of you in Saylorsburg but I actually work in Easton, small world! I just looked up the directions and it looks like Flemington Animal Hospital is about an hour from me but I definitely want a vet that has dealt with bulldogs in the past!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Thank you for the response! I'm a little north of you in Saylorsburg but I actually work in Easton, small world! I just looked up the directions and it looks like Flemington Animal Hospital is about an hour from me but I definitely want a vet that has dealt with bulldogs in the past!

Very Small!! - I am actually in Forks Township, and Hubby is from Bangor.

If you are up for the drive, Dr Charlie is WORTH it. Ellie does see another Vet at Harmony Animal Hospital, Dr Epple, He is Very good with Ellie, and is doing her Spay next week.

This is a GREAT Group, they are Super Supportive, and can help LOTS!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.