4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Hello Bulldog World! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas with their Bullies.

I have a food related question with a recent food switch I made with Dooley. He was on Fromm Beef Fritata and I switched him couple months ago to Victor River Salmon. I made the switch just because I wanted to try something different and its half the price. At first he was doing fine with the switch but he did have a bit more gas. I attributed this to the new food switch and figured it may pass with time. But the last couple days he is throwing up once a day. Sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night but its always right before his normal feeding times and its always a small pile of bile. The last couple of times tho have been a dark brown pile the color of the food. I have been monitoring him very closely and is showing no signs of an obstruction or any other issues that I know of. He is acting completely normal other than vomiting. I am starting the transition back to Fromm today in hopes this is the issue but does this sound like a possible food allergy or something more serious?

Or should I try the bland diet for several days to see if this fixes anything with his tummy? then make the gradual switch back to Fromm.

Pics of His Royal Fattness just because that is truly why we are all here :D
dooley1.jpgdooley2.jpgdooley3.jpg

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
If he were mine and I was convinced that it was the food that's causing the issue I'd switch him without transition. I doubt that a sudden switch back to Fromm is going to be worse than where he is right now.

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Kinda what I was thinking also but was going to do a quick transition with the food. But now thinking about it more, whats the point in prolonging this for him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If he were mine and I was convinced that it was the food that's causing the issue I'd switch him without transition. I doubt that a sudden switch back to Fromm is going to be worse than where he is right now.

Agreed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
One thing I've learned in my years with a bulldog. If there are no problems, do not make any changes/switches. One small thing can throw everything off. I hope he gets better soon! Please keep us posted.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
No solution to Dooley's problem - just want to say I like the pictures :D

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello Bulldog World! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas with their Bullies.

I have a food related question with a recent food switch I made with Dooley. He was on Fromm Beef Fritata and I switched him couple months ago to Victor River Salmon. I made the switch just because I wanted to try something different and its half the price. At first he was doing fine with the switch but he did have a bit more gas. I attributed this to the new food switch and figured it may pass with time. But the last couple days he is throwing up once a day. Sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night but its always right before his normal feeding times and its always a small pile of bile. The last couple of times tho have been a dark brown pile the color of the food. I have been monitoring him very closely and is showing no signs of an obstruction or any other issues that I know of. He is acting completely normal other than vomiting. I am starting the transition back to Fromm today in hopes this is the issue but does this sound like a possible food allergy or something more serious?

Or should I try the bland diet for several days to see if this fixes anything with his tummy? then make the gradual switch back to Fromm.

Pics of His Royal Fattness just because that is truly why we are all here :D
View attachment 103010View attachment 103011View attachment 103012

:ponder: could it be empty belly -- he is hungry? How old is he and how much do you feed?

He us a handsome fella!

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Got me a fresh bag of Fromm in the truck and will pour him a fresh scoop as soon as I get home. I will keep all abreast to what transpires in the next couple days.

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
:ponder: could it be empty belly -- he is hungry? How old is he and how much do you feed?

He us a handsome fella!

Hes had the same routine since he was a puppy. The only thing that changed was the food. I feed him twice a day, one cup (dry not liquid measurement) 6 am and once at 4:30-5 ish

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
So it's only been one full day since switching back to Fromm and I can already tell the difference in his energy. I feel so bad knowing he hasn't been feeling up to par all these weeks. He had been sleeping a lot more, but this is a bulldog right. They sleep all the time. But last night and really today he has been playing more and hasn't napped once. I'll update in a day or so but so far he seems to be doing better.

Thanks for the advice.
IMG_0020.JPG

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So it's only been one full day since switching back to Fromm and I can already tell the difference in his energy. I feel so bad knowing he hasn't been feeling up to par all these weeks. He had been sleeping a lot more, but this is a bulldog right. They sleep all the time. But last night and really today he has been playing more and hasn't napped once. I'll update in a day or so but so far he seems to be doing better.

Thanks for the advice.
View attachment 103053

great to see he is already doing better.... keep us posted and I'll keep him in my thoughts!

OP
4WHLN

4WHLN

Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
After several day of being back on Fromm, he is back to normal. Zero vomiting, zero gas and much more entergy.

Thanks all for the advice, lesson learned!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
After several day of being back on Fromm, he is back to normal. Zero vomiting, zero gas and much more entergy.

AWESOME!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Awesome updates, now remember..... if it ain't broke - don't fix it. hee hee.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
WONDERFUL NEWS. THANK GOD YOUR MR.DOOLEY IS BACK TO HIS HANDSOME SELF. LOVE AND KISSES TO MR. DOOLEY.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online