Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Here's how I prep for next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jessica and TY,

I will start doing that sunday night once I am only giving him HK. I still have a little Acana left and I don't think whats left is going to do any harm to Chunky.

I might make a days worth and split it in the morning and see how that goes so I can work on the water to food ratio. I am getting better at making it less runny and think if I was splitting a days worth it would be easier. I would ask how much you're making but I remember Tyson is eating the basic and you're adding the protein.

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

2. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    Thanks Jessica and TY,

I will start doing that sunday night once I am only giving him HK. I still have a little Acana left and I don't think whats left is going to do any harm to Chunky.

I might make a days worth and split it in the morning and see how that goes so I can work on the water to food ratio. I am getting better at making it less runny and think if I was splitting a days worth it would be easier. I would ask how much you're making but I remember Tyson is eating the basic and you're adding the protein.
    Yeah he's on one of the bases but I do 1/2 cup of the honest kitchen and then 1 & 1/2 cups of water. It's still going to be mushy but not watery! If you don't already have some I'd start picking up some baby wipes because I have to clean off Tysons mouth when he's done eating, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

4. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

I have been giving him 3/4 of a cup of both HK and water and its still seems runny. I might not be letting it set up long enough but I am doing the 3 minutes like the instructions say. Its still soup like

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

This has been real interesting. So how is he today??

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

just an fyi..... Amazon has this food for 78$ right now.... I'm thinking I should give it a shot as it's usually close to 100....

9. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    This has been real interesting. So how is he today??
    just an fyi..... Amazon has this food for 78$ right now.... I'm thinking I should give it a shot as it's usually close to 100....
    Chunky is doing better and he really likes THK food. He might have an allergy to something that is in this flavor though because his face gets a little red after eating it but it seems the more he eats it the less its showing up.

Thanks for letting me know about the price on amazon since I paid over 100 for it

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Chunky is doing better and he really likes THK food. He might have an allergy to something that is in this flavor though because his face gets a little red after eating it but it seems the more he eats it the less its showing up.

Thanks for letting me know about the price on amazon since I paid over 100 for it
    even my my favorite ordering place was into the 100's so having "prime" I thought i'd check it out... I even got one day ship for free so it was actually 73$ + tax and here today !!! Hank loved his snack of it so will eventually be his morning meal, and Acana and or Orijen for eve. I also get Orijen freeze dried so all in all, he's doing great.. Hope it works for us /them both

12. Likes TyTysmom, Chunky White, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Checking for an update ?? Doing ok with the THK? All good here.

14. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Checking for an update ?? Doing ok with the THK? All good here.

I was just getting ready to ask what other food I should try. I switched flavors and he is still showing signs of being allergic to something probably potatoes since thats what @TyTysmom mentioned and its costing me $200 per month to feed him. He has tear stains and pink paws even with me wiping his wrinkles daily with malecetic wipes.

The food I was feeding him when all the problems started is lower in cystine and phosphorus than THK but higher in protein. Cystine and Phosphorus are two of the things mentioned to not give dogs that get Cystine Stones.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I was just getting ready to ask what other food I should try. I switched flavors and he is still showing signs of being allergic to something probably potatoes since thats what @TyTysmom mentioned and its costing me $200 per month to feed him. He has tear stains and pink paws even with me wiping his wrinkles daily with malecetic wipes.

The food I was feeding him when all the problems started is lower in cystine and phosphorus than THK but higher in protein. Cystine and Phosphorus are two of the things mentioned to not give dogs that get Cystine Stones.
    UGH! What if you tried a senior dog food... they usually are lower in protein?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

You are feeding him THK that includes protein right? I would try the base mix (Kindly) it has no potatoes at all. And I would get lean ground beef as his protein. Has he done well on beef in the past?

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

18. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    You are feeding him THK that includes protein right? I would try the base mix (Kindly) it has no potatoes at all. And I would get lean ground beef as his protein. Has he done well on beef in the past?
    Yes THK with protein. He was first on Turkey and Parsnip and now grain free Beef

He hasnt had allergy issues "tear stains and red paws" with any other food. Some upset his stomach but none with redness. I am not 100% sure it is a problem with potatoes and was just guessing since you said Tyson has issues with it. I don't want to try cooking the meat and mixing it in because I am not sure how much protein, phosphorus or cystine he would actually be eating and think it would be easier to feed him food that has a chart that should be close to what he would be getting.

Chunky is the first dog I have ever owned who had issues with food other than just refusing to eat. He eats anything he is given. My other bulldog ate as much human food leftovers as she did dog food and never had issues. Her favorite was pizza and sunday breakfast of eggs and bacon.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads