Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 57

Thread: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

  1. #37
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,936
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)
    2843

    Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

    Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Here's how I prep for next day.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Thanks Jessica and TY,

    I will start doing that sunday night once I am only giving him HK. I still have a little Acana left and I don't think whats left is going to do any harm to Chunky.

    I might make a days worth and split it in the morning and see how that goes so I can work on the water to food ratio. I am getting better at making it less runny and think if I was splitting a days worth it would be easier. I would ask how much you're making but I remember Tyson is eating the basic and you're adding the protein.

    Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

  2. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
  3. #38
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,475
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6235

    Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    Thanks Jessica and TY,

    I will start doing that sunday night once I am only giving him HK. I still have a little Acana left and I don't think whats left is going to do any harm to Chunky.

    I might make a days worth and split it in the morning and see how that goes so I can work on the water to food ratio. I am getting better at making it less runny and think if I was splitting a days worth it would be easier. I would ask how much you're making but I remember Tyson is eating the basic and you're adding the protein.
    Yeah he's on one of the bases but I do 1/2 cup of the honest kitchen and then 1 & 1/2 cups of water. It's still going to be mushy but not watery! If you don't already have some I'd start picking up some baby wipes because I have to clean off Tysons mouth when he's done eating, lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  4. Likes Chunky White liked this post
  5. #39
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,936
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)
    2843

    Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

    I have been giving him 3/4 of a cup of both HK and water and its still seems runny. I might not be letting it set up long enough but I am doing the 3 minutes like the instructions say. Its still soup like

    Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

  6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  7. #40
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    3,894
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3280

    Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

    This has been real interesting. So how is he today??

  8. #41
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    3,894
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3280

    Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

    just an fyi..... Amazon has this food for 78$ right now.... I'm thinking I should give it a shot as it's usually close to 100....

  9. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
  10. #42
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,936
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)
    2843

    Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    This has been real interesting. So how is he today??
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    just an fyi..... Amazon has this food for 78$ right now.... I'm thinking I should give it a shot as it's usually close to 100....
    Chunky is doing better and he really likes THK food. He might have an allergy to something that is in this flavor though because his face gets a little red after eating it but it seems the more he eats it the less its showing up.

    Thanks for letting me know about the price on amazon since I paid over 100 for it

    Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

  11. #43
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    3,894
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3280

    Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    Chunky is doing better and he really likes THK food. He might have an allergy to something that is in this flavor though because his face gets a little red after eating it but it seems the more he eats it the less its showing up.

    Thanks for letting me know about the price on amazon since I paid over 100 for it
    even my my favorite ordering place was into the 100's so having "prime" I thought i'd check it out... I even got one day ship for free so it was actually 73$ + tax and here today !!! Hank loved his snack of it so will eventually be his morning meal, and Acana and or Orijen for eve. I also get Orijen freeze dried so all in all, he's doing great.. Hope it works for us /them both

  12. Likes TyTysmom, Chunky White, 2BullyMama liked this post
  13. #44
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    3,894
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3280

    Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

    Checking for an update ?? Doing ok with the THK? All good here.

  14. Likes Chunky White liked this post
  15. #45
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,936
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)
    2843

    Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    Checking for an update ?? Doing ok with the THK? All good here.

    I was just getting ready to ask what other food I should try. I switched flavors and he is still showing signs of being allergic to something probably potatoes since thats what @TyTysmom mentioned and its costing me $200 per month to feed him. He has tear stains and pink paws even with me wiping his wrinkles daily with malecetic wipes.

    The food I was feeding him when all the problems started is lower in cystine and phosphorus than THK but higher in protein. Cystine and Phosphorus are two of the things mentioned to not give dogs that get Cystine Stones.

    Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

  16. #46
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    41,570
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    13050

    Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    I was just getting ready to ask what other food I should try. I switched flavors and he is still showing signs of being allergic to something probably potatoes since thats what @TyTysmom mentioned and its costing me $200 per month to feed him. He has tear stains and pink paws even with me wiping his wrinkles daily with malecetic wipes.

    The food I was feeding him when all the problems started is lower in cystine and phosphorus than THK but higher in protein. Cystine and Phosphorus are two of the things mentioned to not give dogs that get Cystine Stones.
    UGH! What if you tried a senior dog food... they usually are lower in protein?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  17. #47
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,475
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6235

    Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

    You are feeding him THK that includes protein right? I would try the base mix (Kindly) it has no potatoes at all. And I would get lean ground beef as his protein. Has he done well on beef in the past?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    I was just getting ready to ask what other food I should try. I switched flavors and he is still showing signs of being allergic to something probably potatoes since thats what @TyTysmom mentioned and its costing me $200 per month to feed him. He has tear stains and pink paws even with me wiping his wrinkles daily with malecetic wipes.

    The food I was feeding him when all the problems started is lower in cystine and phosphorus than THK but higher in protein. Cystine and Phosphorus are two of the things mentioned to not give dogs that get Cystine Stones.

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  18. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  19. #48
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,936
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)
    2843

    Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

    Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    You are feeding him THK that includes protein right? I would try the base mix (Kindly) it has no potatoes at all. And I would get lean ground beef as his protein. Has he done well on beef in the past?
    Yes THK with protein. He was first on Turkey and Parsnip and now grain free Beef

    He hasnt had allergy issues "tear stains and red paws" with any other food. Some upset his stomach but none with redness. I am not 100% sure it is a problem with potatoes and was just guessing since you said Tyson has issues with it. I don't want to try cooking the meat and mixing it in because I am not sure how much protein, phosphorus or cystine he would actually be eating and think it would be easier to feed him food that has a chart that should be close to what he would be getting.

    Chunky is the first dog I have ever owned who had issues with food other than just refusing to eat. He eats anything he is given. My other bulldog ate as much human food leftovers as she did dog food and never had issues. Her favorite was pizza and sunday breakfast of eggs and bacon.

    Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •