Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    Chunky is doing fine and as energetic as always unless he is resting. He is now peeing like he should but I still feel he isn't hold it as long as he should and I am sure that will improve over time. I just bought some Honest Kitchen grain free turkey and parsnip that I am going to try
    My guys LOVE THK... I'm just too lazy or busy to go that route for them full time. Bad mama, I know!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

2. Likes Chunky White, TyTysmom liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    My guys LOVE THK... I'm just too lazy or busy to go that route for them full time. Bad mama, I know!
    After mixing him up his dinner of half THK and Acana I realized I will need to wake up 5 minutes earlier to feed him and still make it to work on time. I need to figure out what the correct mixture of water to THK so it will be more solid than what it was tonight. I am almost out of Acana so I will try to wean him off of it and work on the mixture

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglandBully View Post
    Good choice! He's a lucky bullie to have such a caring DAd!!
    I think I am the lucky one to have him.

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

After mixing him up his dinner of half THK and Acana I realized I will need to wake up 5 minutes earlier to feed him and still make it to work on time. I need to figure out what the correct mixture of water to THK so it will be more solid than what it was tonight. I am almost out of Acana so I will try to wean him off of it and work on the mixture

- - - Updated - - -

When I fed THK, I just went right to it and there was no issue at all... no runny poo, no anything-- all normal. they did however, poo less
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

6. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    When I fed THK, I just went right to it and there was no issue at all... no runny poo, no anything-- all normal. they did however, poo less
    I might try just THK saturday morning and see how he does and if I need to gradually move him onto THK I will go back to half and half. He didn't have any issues tonight

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

- - - Updated - - -

We prep Tyson HK when we feed him for the next meal. Does that make sense? Lol I use a glass Pyrex and prep his morning meal at dinner. At breakfast after he eats I prep his dinner. Just makes things faster. His meat I cook once a week too. Which HK did you go with??

It's always going to be a little mushy, but will firm up the longer the water has to soak in its messy. But all worth it truly if it works *crossing my paws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

9. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    We prep Tyson HK when we feed him for the next meal. Does that make sense? Lol I use a glass Pyrex and prep his morning meal at dinner. At breakfast after he eats I prep his dinner. Just makes things faster. His meat I cook once a week too. Which HK did you go with??

It's always going to be a little mushy, but will firm up the longer the water has to soak in its messy. But all worth it truly if it works *crossing my paws

I went with Turkey and Parsnip which is grain free. I mixed 3/4 a cup of THK and 3/4 warm water and let it sit for 3 minutes like the instructions said. I didn't give him a whole meals worth and probably added too much water since it was really runny but he needs to drink more water anyway.

Do you mix it and let it set all day or prep it and have it ready for water at the next meal? I used a glass pyrex measuring cup also

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Need help choosing a new food for Chunky

I went with Turkey and Parsnip which is grain free. I mixed 3/4 a cup of THK and 3/4 warm water and let it sit for 3 minutes like the instructions said. I didn't give him a whole meals worth and probably added too much water since it was really runny but he needs to drink more water anyway.

Do you mix it and let it set all day or prep it and have it ready for water at the next meal? I used a glass pyrex measuring cup also
    I mix it ... I literally just put in the honest kitchen then the water put a lid on it and stick it in the fridge until his next meal. That way it's ready to go for next meal. we ended up doing it this way because of time and because of consistency it's totally fine for it to sit in the fridge overnight, premixed

When I take it out for his meal I add the meat and then pop it in the microwave for a minute so it gets warm! If for any reason the one with the protein added in it doesn't work then you can always try the base mix like we do and add your own protein. Hoping it's a winner and he does amazing on it!

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any other questions but pre-making it at each meal will definitely save you on time! So go make his breakfast portion now and leave it in the fridge till morning

My whole heart, Tyson.

12. Likes Chunky White, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    I mix it ... I literally just put in the honest kitchen then the water put a lid on it and stick it in the fridge until his next meal. That way it's ready to go for next meal. we ended up doing it this way because of time and because of consistency it's totally fine for it to sit in the fridge overnight, premixed

When I take it out for his meal I add the meat and then pop it in the microwave for a minute so it gets warm! If for any reason the one with the protein added in it doesn't work then you can always try the base mix like we do and add your own protein. Hoping it's a winner and he does amazing on it!

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any other questions but pre-making it at each meal will definitely save you on time! So go make his breakfast portion now and leave it in the fridge till morning

As soon as I get him on just THK I will do that as see how he likes it. I chose the Turkey and Parsnip because it was grain free and not chicken and the guy at the store though the fish or beef would have too much protein.

14. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

I have always added the ACV to his food since he doesn't drink from his water bowl much. I havent been giving him ACV since he started having issues because I was trying to eliminate anything that could possibly be an issue and wasn't sure what all the amino acids were in ACV. Cystine is an amino acid
    Top HK with broth! I guarantee he'll have his water intake of the day. There's tons of good minerals, vitamins in a broth. Boil a small turkey once a month and top it with water. Add your carrots, celery and add some herbs like thyme, rosemary, basil and mint. All anti-inflammatories. Freeze the broth in little ziploc bags and take what you need for 5 days to top each meals. Freeze your turkey in cubes and if one day you're short of HK you got your turkey to save the day. Voilą! Bon appetite!

16. Likes Chunky White, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Chunky is doing great on Honest Kitchen and I believe i could of just switched him straight to it like @2BullyMama said.

18. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Chunky is doing great on Honest Kitchen and I believe i could of just switched him straight to it like @2BullyMama said.
    Best news ever! Hoping all continues

My whole heart, Tyson.

20. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Here's how I prep for next day.

My whole heart, Tyson.

22. Likes Chunky White liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads