Fromm Gold Holistic Adult Dry Dog Food

prhof14

Jul 26, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus and Chuggy
So my boys are 7.5 months and 1 year old. I switched them to Gold Holistic Adult Dry about 3 weeks ago. They have been vomiting almost every day for the past week.

Anyone else had issues with this specific type of food? Can anyone suggest something else for me to try for my boys?

Thanks!

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
Sgt. was on Gold when I adopted him. I switched him to Fromm 4 Star Surf & Turf. My Boston terrier has been on Fromms since he was a puppy, so I was hopeful that I could get them on the same food. When we first got Sgt. his poops were gross...like gross. I weened him on to Fromms over a 3 week span...once he adjusted his poops firmed up (gross I know...sorry) and now he is super regular! I can only assume it was from his old dog food... I love Fromms, it's worked really well for me.

ETA: I'm not very bright today...I thought you had your guys on the Solid Gold!! So essentially ignore my reply...I'm not sure how much Fromms varies between varieties...someone on here will know!!! I've heard great things about the Honest Kitchen & Acana.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So my boys are 7.5 months and 1 year old. I switched them to Gold Holistic Adult Dry about 3 weeks ago. They have been vomiting almost every day for the past week.

Anyone else had issues with this specific type of food? Can anyone suggest something else for me to try for my boys?

Thanks!

Did you do a slow switch or just go right to new food?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
prhof14

prhof14

Jul 26, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus and Chuggy
Did you do a slow switch or just go right to new food?

I did a slow switch per all you fine folks here at EBN. Ordered a bag of Fromm Four-Star Nutritional Duck & Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food.

Think a switch to grain free could do the trick?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Maybe you got a bad batch. I never used Fromm. I know it's a good product but with my other dogs, was only orijen and Nyala home cooking and once in a while when im gone for a while will be Acana lamb and I top it with organs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I did a slow switch per all you fine folks here at EBN. Ordered a bag of Fromm Four-Star Nutritional Duck & Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food.

Think a switch to grain free could do the trick?

Yes... take the bag back and get the grain free -- try pork and peas or game bird

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online