Looking for grain, chicken, and potato free food

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I am looking for a grain, chicken, and potato free food. Limited ingredient would be nice. I don't think the grain and chicken free Fromm 4 star line is working for me and I'm not ready to go raw.

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
I am looking for a grain, chicken, and potato free food. Limited ingredient would be nice. I don't think the grain and chicken free Fromm 4 star line is working for me and I'm not ready to go raw.[/Q

Zignature makes a kangaroo that is grain chicken and potato free I have my guys on it and they love it.

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Southern states has a grain free line, they have lamb and rice and ocean whitefish I think but that one may have potato. I feed my girl just their naturals brand Lamb and Rice and she does amazing on it.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty is on Zignature Duck and doing well on it.

They use no animal by-products, no chicken, no chicken fat, and no chicken eggs in their foods. Nor do they use corn, wheat, soy, or other grains. Their foods are also potato and gluten-free. They focus on a low-glycemic diet for dogs. The first ingredients in their foods are meat or fish; and the second ingredients are meat or fish meals. All of their products are manufactured in the United States.

It is a slightly higher in sodium apparently. I don't think that would be a problem unless there is heart issues. Also, when he first started eating it he was doing huge poo's! It is now back to normal, maybe a bit softer occasionally but nothing to be concerned about or even warrant pumpkin.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am looking for a grain, chicken, and potato free food. Limited ingredient would be nice. I don't think the grain and chicken free Fromm 4 star line is working for me and I'm not ready to go raw.

Acana , Orejin or Earthborn have a few options to look into

chitownbully

Nov 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
KINGSTON / PRINCE
Most if not all Zignature brands are grain, potato and egg free. They make salmon, kangaroo, lamb, whitefish, duck to name a few.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Fromm lamb and lentil was a mistake. I have never seen him so miserable and itchy. I am going to try the Acana Duck & Pear since he did well with the duck from Fromm and it is available at the store I shop at. If it proves to be too expensive I will look at alternatives. I think I will start supplementing with home cooking also. I guess I can't be lazy for this buddy.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Taste of the wild pine forest recipe is grain, chicken and potato free. Penny gets horrible tear stains with chicken and potatoes. She does great on this food. So does Lockjaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clintk

Jan 26, 2016
Orlando, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley
Your story sounds just like what I have been going through the last two months and $100's in wasted food later....

I started my little guy on Fromms, the grain free puppy in the pink bag; it had chicken, and within a few months, he was starting to get bald spots along his back. I switched him to Fromm Heartland Gold Puppy that did not have chicken, he loved it and did great on it. Recently I switched him to adult food, starting with Fromm Pork & Peas, he refused to eat it, then Lamb & Lentil, ate it a few days, was itchy and refused to eat more.

Finally, I broke down and gave up on Fromms, got a few different small bags of Orijen...he loves the Six Fish and has already stopped with the constant scratching and his tear stain is clearing up more than I could have hoped for this quickly.

Orijen is pricey, but so far I can say that I recommend giving it a try.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Fromm lamb and lentil was a mistake. I have never seen him so miserable and itchy. I am going to try the Acana Duck & Pear since he did well with the duck from Fromm and it is available at the store I shop at. If it proves to be too expensive I will look at alternatives. I think I will start supplementing with home cooking also. I guess I can't be lazy for this buddy.

Monty was on Acana until they changed the recipes and he got an awful yeast infection. I switched to Zignature and it is quite a bit cheaper than Acana. Just an FYI.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Monty was on Acana until they changed the recipes and he got an awful yeast infection. I switched to Zignature and it is quite a bit cheaper than Acana. Just an FYI.

I couldn't find zignature at local food stores so I tried the Acana. I wanted to be able to return if it didn't suit him.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
I am lucky that the non-chain pet stores around me carry a good selection of premium foods and they recommended the Zignature after we gave up on Acana. They will let you return it and I get a free bag after buying so many. Of course I have yet to get the free deal in the two years we have had Monty!!! :stinkeye: We were well on the way with Acana until they changed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.