Research done on ALL dog food !!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Freakin GREAT information!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Tested all except the food Monty is on!!!! Also, I believe they have tested the Canadian Acana, not the American Acana, which is now completely different. Apart from that, I think it is a very good indicator of what's good and what isn't.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Tested all except the food Monty is on!!!! Also, I believe they have tested the Canadian Acana, not the American Acana, which is now completely different from that, I think it is a very good indicator of what's good and what isn't.

Canada is must slower to approve anything and everything. But when you have a good product like Acana, the government of US should realize that maybe what they want to add or remove should be looked over as why is the product working in other countries and not in ours? Like that old saying: dont touch what's not broken.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Canada is must slower to approve anything and everything. But when you have a good product like Acana, the government of US should realize that maybe what they want to add or remove should be looked over as why is the product working in other countries and not in ours? Like that old saying: dont touch what's not broken.

I really don't believe the government had anything to do with this. Acana opened up production facilities here in the US (Kentucky) and use products from the USA instead of from Canada. For example, instead of salmon from the Pacific northwest, they are now using various fish from the Altantic. They are also using different fruits and vegetables. It's too bad. As you say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it but Acana did.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I read in a Canadian magazine a while ago about the opening the new plant in Kentucky USA. From what I've read, when it comes to any food pet or human there are laws each country will implement. Acana had to use USA products. Another example McDonald's (any franchise) in Canada will not serve same menu as in the USA. This is all verified on each side. Our salt, fat etc intake is much lower. Ok i can go one I better stop lolll.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.