Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prices on dog food

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Prices on dog food

@Biscuitsmom This is Canada everything is so more expensive. Only like 35ish million people as you guys have a few zeros more at the end of you 35 lol... I was talking to the petshop lady and she said champion brought their prices to high too fast so they can help financially their new plant yhey open in US. She she clients are going towards other brands now. Prices went up minimum $10 a bag but they shrink it to 25lbs as it use to be over 30lbs. Example today I bought a bag of 2.2kilo which is....4.4lbs for 25$ as I dont want to pay 80 $ and she gets a bad reaction. So for now buying small bags till I see how she's going. I still home cook but she will have one per day and kibbles at night topped with organs n broth. Bit of turmic and ginger.

2. Likes Biscuitsmom liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Who sells it? Orijen or Acana are owned by Champion and founded here in Alberta. When I was living in Montreal I would pay the biggest bag 68.00 moved to Alberta 78.00! Now same orijen bag 98$. You wou think would be cheaper where its founded. Ha! And yet I travel often throughout Canada and I would ha8ve to say Alberta is the most expensive province. Worked in White Rock BC very expensive place and still cheaper in food (not houses). Alberta is a spoil yuppy place cause of their oil/patch but now the world is buying elsewhere AB is sure feeling it. Ok that was your economy class of the day hahah.
    the company is Petcurean
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Go figure I went to pet global bought a little acana lamb see what fits for nyala and saw on the counter your petcurean and funniest part was lady had a dog exactly like your big brindle I commented on. Geez lol
    OH No Odin has a double .......
    You have to also take into consideration we have a very small privately owned pet store here , think our population is less then 1500, to get to a main line store it is a minimum 1 hr drive one way like say Pet Value so to add the drive cost on of 2 hrs , now are gas is cheap tho at 91.6 a ltr but still that is extra cost when you add it all up . Our pet store brings in for Me only 10 bags at a time think it is the minimum they have to buy I agree to purchase that all from them I also get the 11th bag free in a loyalty program with the food manufacturer . More My worry is and has always been the nutrition in the bag for My dogs always is at the top of My list , they do sell Fromms at the store also and various other supposed top line dog foods but those are all small bag quantities useless to me with 5 large dogs .

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by natski282 View Post
    OH No Odin has a double .......
    You have to also take into consideration we have a very small privately owned pet store here , think our population is less then 1500, to get to a main line store it is a minimum 1 hr drive one way like say Pet Value so to add the drive cost on of 2 hrs , now are gas is cheap tho at 91.6 a ltr but still that is extra cost when you add it all up . Our pet store brings in for Me only 10 bags at a time think it is the minimum they have to buy I agree to purchase that all from them I also get the 11th bag free in a loyalty program with the food manufacturer . More My worry is and has always been the nutrition in the bag for My dogs always is at the top of My list , they do sell Fromms at the store also and various other supposed top line dog foods but those are all small bag quantities useless to me with 5 large dogs .
    What I meant by who sells it.. I should of said what petshop you get it from. Lol

My sons gives his two pitbull which eats alot too is Horizon Legacy 5 stars, and a lot cheaper. Something like 50 $ a bag.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Prices on dog food

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    So true. What is crazy around here is the store I buy from is $78 and the one up the road is $86 and then another store in the opposite direction is $112 for the same food.
    I notice this too near me... crazy how they all charge such a difference in price for same exact product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

What I meant by who sells it.. I should of said what petshop you get it from. Lol

My sons gives his two pitbull which eats alot too is Horizon Legacy 5 stars, and a lot cheaper. Something like 50 $ a bag.
    Prettywell any large pet store would sell it , not sure who you have out west , Petvalue , Petsmart ect ect but even the small momand pop petstore might bring it in for you as mine does I would think

9. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

Wow that is too bad . I hope they pay you more up there then! Good luck finding a good food for her, I must just be lucky with Biscuit that she doesn't seem to be sensitive to much. Just chicken gives her runny eyes.

@Biscuitsmom This is Canada everything is so more expensive. Only like 35ish million people as you guys have a few zeros more at the end of you 35 lol... I was talking to the petshop lady and she said champion brought their prices to high too fast so they can help financially their new plant yhey open in US. She she clients are going towards other brands now. Prices went up minimum $10 a bag but they shrink it to 25lbs as it use to be over 30lbs. Example today I bought a bag of 2.2kilo which is....4.4lbs for 25$ as I dont want to pay 80 $ and she gets a bad reaction. So for now buying small bags till I see how she's going. I still home cook but she will have one per day and kibbles at night topped with organs n broth. Bit of turmic and ginger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads