General Question Looking for Yummy Birthday Cake Recipes for my Allergy Boy!

Tanklin

Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin

Hey Everyone!
I am on the hunt for a fun birthday cake recipe for my Franky's 1st birthday party in October! Pumpkin ones would be neat for the occasion since it will be Halloween themed!!! I am just beyond excited!!!
The thing is, I'm researching him for possible food allergies right now, just removed grains and chicken, and want to stick to very little ingrediants. His symptons are improving slooooooowly, but all he gets right now is TOTW Pacific Stream and carrots and blueberries on very ocassional treats. Anyone know of any recipes that are cool but still safe for my boy?? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged Henny --- she may have one

OP
T

Tanklin

Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin
Thank yall so much!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=16051]Tanklin[/MENTION], here's a grain-free one with very little ingredients that sounds like something I'd even eat! It's got p-butter and apples--Source: Spoonful of Sugar Free. I'll be on the lookout for more though.

Ingredients

• 1 egg
  • 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1/2 apple, finely chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Instructions

• Preheat oven to 350*.
  • Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
  • Grease a ramekin or a jumbo muffin tin. Fill with batter.
  • Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
  • Let cool for a couple minutes, and then slide the cake out of the baking container. Cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving to your dog.
  • You may frost with extra peanut butter, if desired.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Well, my girls get a meat cake. I take ground lamb, beef or salmon and use a cake pan and but some rosemary and oregano in it with a couple of eggs. mix it up and bake at 350 until meat is cooked all the way through. mix mashed potatoes (instant is good) and after the meat cake is done take it out and ice it with the mashed potatoes. Then I decorate it with a few beef jerky treats and candles and.........that makes for their birthday cake. You could also use the blueberries to decorate the top. I quarter it and they go for broke loving each and every bit. Good luck.

Last edited:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well, my girls get a meat cake. I take ground lamb, beef or salmon and use a cake pan and but some rosemary and oregano in it with a couple of eggs. mix it up and bake at 350 until meat is cooked all the way through. mix mashed potatoes (instant is good) and after the meat cake is done take it out and ice it with the mashed potatoes. Then I decorate it with a few beef jerky treats and candles and.........that makes for their birthday cake. You could also use the blueberries to decorate the top. I quarter it and they go for broke loving each and every bit. Good luck.

Hmmm sounds better. Might do something like that for Nyala. Would use sweet potatoes instead as I know she ok with that. Thanks

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hey Everyone!
I am on the hunt for a fun birthday cake recipe for my Franky's 1st birthday party in October! Pumpkin ones would be neat for the occasion since it will be Halloween themed!!! I am just beyond excited!!!
The thing is, I'm researching him for possible food allergies right now, just removed grains and chicken, and want to stick to very little ingrediants. His symptons are improving slooooooowly, but all he gets right now is TOTW Pacific Stream and carrots and blueberries on very ocassional treats. Anyone know of any recipes that are cool but still safe for my boy?? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer! :D

I suggest you don't bake a cake but give him some meat that he doesn't react badly too. Now I see [MENTION=5404]dalmatina38[/MENTION] suggests meat too!

My Castor has never had any cake but has got some meat treat on his birthdays. He suggests you give Franklin some raw minced meat with shredded carrots and blueberries!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.