General Question Trying to find large kibble

Waltersmom

Aug 19, 2016
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
I'm currently feeding Walter Zignature. The food is great as far as nutritional content. The problem is the bites are small and he just swallows them. I know hard dog food can help with plaque build up. Is there a good quality dog food that has large enough kibble that he has too chew? Thank you in advance.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm currently feeding Walter Zignature. The food is great as far as nutritional content. The problem is the bites are small and he just swallows them. I know hard dog food can help with plaque build up. Is there a good quality dog food that has large enough kibble that he has too chew? Thank you in advance.

All the bulldogs I have ever owned have always just swallowed their food whole... in a matter of seconds... Lol I feed my dogs Fromm's which the kibble is pretty small, but I guess in one way that is good so they don't end up chocking to death from gobbling so fast. Willow my youngest is really bad, so I add a couple of tablespoons of warm water to her kibble to keep her from getting chocked. We advice people to check out this link Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor to look at the dog food ratings. I honestly don't know if they discuss the kibble size, I know that Royal Canin is odd shaped but I have heard that some bullies had trouble chewing on it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Same... My guys never chew so i stay small with the kibble to prevent choking.... Acana is bigger than Fromm in kibble size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions