SouthernBred

Mar 18, 2016
Worcester, Mass
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirius
Hi everyone

so I am starting to have a situation with my pup where he has been leaving his food and not really eating it. What i am thinking is he is bored with the same kibble all the time. right now i feed him Fromm heartland puppy and at first he loved it now not so much.

So my question is does fromm have another grain-free alternative or do i have to switch brands? If so what is a good alternative?

also NO CHICKEN not sure if he had a grain allergie or chicken allergie but when we switched off of blue to fromm it seemed to settle everything

Thank you all

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is one of the top things I love about Fromm... you can feed one flavor for breakfast and another for dinner.

How old is Sirius now? if near 8 mths you can switch to adult food now since the grain free line is all stages. I also avoid chicken so I go with Pork an Peas.

OP
SouthernBred

SouthernBred

Mar 18, 2016
Worcester, Mass
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirius
Just over 7 months now. See when i looked at the site I did not see the pork and peas as grain free maybe i missed something.

OP
SouthernBred

SouthernBred

Mar 18, 2016
Worcester, Mass
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirius
Wow just looked again and I must be blind thanks you 2bullymama i will try that as this bag empties.

one question though seeing its still a Fromm product do i need to ween him off or can i just switch?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow just looked again and I must be blind thanks you 2bullymama i will try that as this bag empties.

one question though seeing its still a Fromm product do i need to ween him off or can i just switch?

No weening... just flip on over to P-n-P

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Pork and peas, hassen duckenfeffer, lamb and lentil, beef frittata are all grain free. Largest bags are 69.99 at Maggie's food for pets in west boylston with 2% off. Let me know if you find a better price. Fezzik is on the duck. You can also do additives like pureed baby food, pumpkin, coconut oil, or salmon oil to bump up interest.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The FROMM 4 star foods are an all stage food, so you can switch to them now. We feed ours Hassen Duckenfeffer, and they love it. Even picky Henri.

OP
SouthernBred

SouthernBred

Mar 18, 2016
Worcester, Mass
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirius
Pork and peas, hassen duckenfeffer, lamb and lentil, beef frittata are all grain free. Largest bags are 69.99 at Maggie's food for pets in west boylston with 2% off. Let me know if you find a better price. Fezzik is on the duck. You can also do additives like pureed baby food, pumpkin, coconut oil, or salmon oil to bump up interest.

ya we have been doing a wet food for interest but the shithead eats the wet food and leaves the kibble lol. and still isn't that excited for that

myjenn

Aug 4, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
My Bentley also switched from Blue to Fromm... I first started with surf and turf and he broke out and is now on Lamb... So far so good but then last night i noticed another break out??? Should i switch him to beef?? or could it just be something outside causing his break outs?? So many things they can be allergic too its so hard to narrow it down?? How was it after you did your switch on food??

Clintk

Jan 26, 2016
Orlando, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley
I feel your pain!

My pup is 11 months old now and is refusing to eat his kibble as well. He has always been on Fromm, grain free and no chicken as well. I currently have five different bags of Fromm kibble in various flavors trying to get him to eat one of them.

I've taken him to the vet, nothing wrong and he is acting 100% normal just seems to have zero interest in any kibble...so, for now, I have been home cooking and adding some of that to his kibble every day and slowly reducing the amount of home cooked food I add each time.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I feel your pain!

My pup is 11 months old now and is refusing to eat his kibble as well. He has always been on Fromm, grain free and no chicken as well. I currently have five different bags of Fromm kibble in various flavors trying to get him to eat one of them.

I've taken him to the vet, nothing wrong and he is acting 100% normal just seems to have zero interest in any kibble...so, for now, I have been home cooking and adding some of that to his kibble every day and slowly reducing the amount of home cooked food I add each time.

Try adding some frozen veggies to the kibble... I will add frozen green beans or carrots to give my pups a change.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.