Anyone else having trouble finding certain Acana lines?

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I went to get Chunky's food today and was told that Acana is having issues with manufacturing some of there foods made in Kentucky which is where the Appalachian Ranch line is made. I have had Chunky on that for about 3-4 months now after switching him from Fromm because I felt like he needed more fats and proteins because he was shedding too much. He had done great and now they can't get that one and when they do its only a few bags and luckily they had one.

I am going to try transitioning him to Orijen Six Fish now and see how he does on that but started to get the Orijen Regional but it doesn't have any fish in it. I guess I could of just given him fish oil along with it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
damn! have you contacted their customer service for any insight or looked at Petflow or Chewy dot com to see if they have any in stock?

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
No and was told by the guy at the Pet food place that they would eventually be able to make enough but he had no idea when. I just want to find something he likes that doesn't cause any issues with shedding or upset his stomach. I wish Fromm would of worked out for him because it was easy to find and switch the flavors but i felt it lacked protein and fats so he shed all the time versus when he was on Orijen puppy and the Acana Appalachian Ranch

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I would Chewy.com is awesome, I had to get Ellie's Orijen Adult Dog Food, as she does well on, and did great on the Puppy, from there, as they are also starting to manufacture in Kentucky, and the formulation is different than the Canadian version, I was lucky to get it from Chewy, so if they ever stop carrying it Im in trouble

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
i emailed Acana and will let you know when I hear back. I found some on Chewy and wonder if maybe my local store just isn't ordering enough since last month I bought the last two bags and this month the last bag. They always have Orijen in stock so I will try it.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
The response from Acana customer service

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I am sorry to hear that you have been having a hard time finding the ACANA Appalachian Ranch at your local retailer. We were experiencing some shortage with our diets containing pork. These diets were much more popular than we anticipated so we had to find some additional pork suppliers. We have found some more pork suppliers, so these diets should be seen in stores shortly. I am not sure exactly how long it will take to get to your local retailer, but it does look like some of our online retailers like chewy.com or petflow.com does have this formula in stock. You may want to order a bag in the meantime, but I would encourage you to continue to check with your local retailer.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I just had Monty at the vet as he has a yeast outbreak. We haven't changed his food but Acana has and now I'm wondering if this caused it. He had been on Pacifica with the main proteins
Boneless salmon, salmon meal, herring meal, whitefish meal, green peas, red lentils,boneless herring,boneless flounder.

It has changed to Wild Atlantic with the main ingredients
"Whole mackerel, whole herring, whole redfish, silver hake, mackerel meal, herring meal",

He has been eating it now for 2 months so I am not sure if this new formula could have caused it or not. I don't know if I should change foods again (one more time, Ugh). He was on the duck and bartlett pear before and did well on that but they have added a bunch of stuff to that too. It is so infuriating.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.