Other Deceptive Food Manufacturers

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I was at my usual dog food place picking up food and toys and I noticed a bag of Merrick's Grain Free Food with Rabbit listed as the protein. I was a bit intrigued because I figured it would be good to have a different protein since Ty has so many sensitivities. Well color me shocked because when I looked at the list of ingredients they had Rabbit, Lamb and Chicken listed as their proteins. Really crappy if you ask me. What happens to some poor unsuspecting owner that has a dog with allergies and just takes it at face value since it says the protein is Rabbit. Glad I read the ingredients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can't trust anything anymore... Read, read, read ... BTW -- Merrick was bought by Purina not too long ago-- i think earlier this year

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Yep. I remember when they were bought out. I promptly consulted our list of foods and set out to change Raven and Tyson to Acana. It really is shameful that the bag touts Rabbit and yet it has so much other stuff in there.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.