What can I add for extra calories?

Baxter Tiberius

Apr 16, 2015
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
baxter
Since the best thing to chubb anyone up is carbs, and carbs pretty much cause a ton of problems with English Bulldogs (grains, potatoes, rice cause Baxter major problems), is there anything calorie-dense that I can add to his food?

And anything that wont cause massive gas? :)

The highest quality dogs foods avoid carbs and bad fillers, so its easy to end up with a very skinny puppy. I dont want him to be fat. But I do want him to be normal.

Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How about and additional meal or cut up meat in meal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Since the best thing to chubb anyone up is carbs, and carbs pretty much cause a ton of problems with English Bulldogs (grains, potatoes, rice cause Baxter major problems), is there anything calorie-dense that I can add to his food?

And anything that wont cause massive gas? :)

The highest quality dogs foods avoid carbs and bad fillers, so its easy to end up with a very skinny puppy. I dont want him to be fat. But I do want him to be normal.

Thanks!

Orijen puppy food. Gave that to my GS in his first few months was double size of what he was supposed to be. Nyala same thing gain 9 lbs in one week. She took 15lbs in not even 2 weeks. Put her on adult immediately and I recall same as my GS went to adult orijen immediately. Great product, rich in calories. Nyala is now "home feed"

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Maybe some plain Greek yogurt or a little cheese on top of the food

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
To me the logic thing to do is to just feed more of what you're already feeding:unsure: but it's better for the dog to be on the skinnier side, as long as it's not because of a medical problem of course... I give full cream Greek yogurt, that's pretty calorie rich and healthy at the same time.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Is he skinny because his tummy doesn't agree with the food? Some dogs seem to be sensitive to high protein levels. We have come to realise that Castor does better on kibbles with a lower level of protein but as he seems to be allergic he's on this allergy food now. Although he doesn't really like it, it's great for his tummy and I think he has gained a little. As [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] says, thin is not a bad thing, though, as long as the dog is healthy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.