Bully stick

haileysmomma

Jan 10, 2011
VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hailey Sue
HI,
I bought Hailey a bully stick yesterday after a recommendation of something for her to chew on from our holistic pet store....

Does anyone else give bully sticks to their babies? The owner told me it's not rawhide, all natural, not a choking hazard, etc, but I wanted to double check with you guys!!

Hailey loves it and hasn't even gotten through a 1/4 of it...Her stool is completely fine today (I was worried about tummy issues).

Thanks!
J

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes I have given them and they are completely fine. I have known of a lot of bullies who get them as snacks. As with anything else tho, I would watch your bully while letting her eat them, just to make sure she doesnt swallow too much of it at a time. (I am the paranoid one who worries about everything!)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I have had them but once they get about 1/2 of it mushy I throw it away because I had to pull 1/2 of one out of Yuna's throat.

Never let chew unattended! Otherwise a great and fun chew for them.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I have one for long car rides Dozer LOVES it. He destroys rawhides in seconds and this has lasted forev er. I got the braided super thick one though. P.S. DONT by any means , I repeat DON"T ask what it is made of! :barf:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hmmm..... never heard of them! :confused:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Okay, I "googled" these, and ewwwww.... they are made out of some discusting stuff! And it also said humans use them in soups and stews? Yeah, I don't think so.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
That's too funny! Julia pointed one out at the pet store the other day and I thought it was silly because it looked like rawhide (and bully's shouldn't have rawhide) ... but now I know better!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
And they taste awful!!!! How do I know? Cause last year Bertie decided to share it with me while I was sleeping and it ended up in my mouth!!!!! YUCK!!!!!! The smell is worse than the taste!!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.