is it just me or....

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Do you stop your bully in the middle of their meals to make them burp? If I dont Nyala ends up chucking some right back out. Not alot but a bit. I stop her, make her sit down in front of the bowl, she's just staring at me like "WTH ?!?", burps, with an extra couple seconds and tell her ok go. Just curious if others stop their bullies to burp. I know odd ball :D

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Lol! What a good mom! :yes: No, Jersey auto-burps... about halfway through a meal, she stops, looks up ("Would you mind getting the door") burps, then turns around, burps, and walks outside to "powder her nose". It's like clockwork. Comes back in, finishes meal, back to bed for a nap.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol! What a good mom! :yes: No, Jersey auto-burps... about halfway through a meal, she stops, looks up ("Would you mind getting the door") burps, then turns around, burps, and walks outside to "powder her nose". It's like clockwork. Comes back in, finishes meal, back to bed for a nap.

Lollll Wow...at least you get to laugh 2x a day. :p

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
that is fantastic.... :rofl: baby burp! :laugh:

lambeau burps on his own all the time.... cracks me up

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I've never tried that before and I'm not sure that I could. Once the food goes on the floor it's only a matter of seconds before it's gone. Mine never puke up anything...they wouldn't dare take a chance on losing something they love so much. Once eaten, it's their's... for at least a day.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
But do you use a slowfeeding bowl - a bowl with little maze in it? This is really an amazing tool! My boy was not eating, but inhaling food in 30 sec and it was definitely not normal (and also dangerous, as they can really inhale a kibble, when they eat so fast), so I bought a slowfeeder and I believe it is one of the best things Ive ever bought for him. Throwing up immediately after meal means that food was eaten too fast, and too much air was swallowed, that is why your dog has to stop and burp, and it is not really good. Also, excessive air is a cause of extra farting, too. Our eating time improved from 30 sec to 4 min with a slowfeeding bowl!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I've never tried that before and I'm not sure that I could. Once the food goes on the floor it's only a matter of seconds before it's gone. Mine never puke up anything...they wouldn't dare take a chance on losing something they love so much. Once eaten, it's their's... for at least a day.

:ROFL:

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
But do you use a slowfeeding bowl - a bowl with little maze in it? This is really an amazing tool! My boy was not eating, but inhaling food in 30 sec and it was definitely not normal (and also dangerous, as they can really inhale a kibble, when they eat so fast), so I bought a slowfeeder and I believe it is one of the best things Ive ever bought for him. Throwing up immediately after meal means that food was eaten too fast, and too much air was swallowed, that is why your dog has to stop and burp, and it is not really good. Also, excessive air is a cause of extra farting, too. Our eating time improved from 30 sec to 4 min with a slowfeeding bowl!

Nyala is on "home cooking" not kibbles. 2x a day aside from her snacks she has, turkey, ( or beef ) sweet potatoes, green n yellow beans, corn, peas, red peppers and bowl fill with the real broth. Like a real homemade soup. So she chews n drinks at same time n needs be stopped n burp. Like a normal human, if you swallow your food aint good. You need to stop n take a breather. But heh, who's normal nowadays lolll

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
LOL, what burp. Harvey vacuums his bowl in no time and will look up at me to say in protest, that's all your feeding me.

The same thing he does when I call him. He goes, you want me to do what? for free?

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
But what if you put her natural food into slowfeeding bowl? She will first drink the broth and then she cannot take a real big mouthful of food at a time, bcs bowl is separated in small compartments, so she has literally to lick the food out with her tongue, small portions?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.