How much should I be feeding my bulldog?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Fezzik just turned a year last April. I have reduced his food to 1 cup twice a day because he was losing his waistline and getting fat. At this age is that too little?

I feed from the Fromm 4 star line. I think he does best on the Pork & Pea. I am currently trying the Hasen Duckenpfeffer (with the bunny shaped food). His ears and face break out or get yeasty on the Beef Frittata.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Fezzik just turned a year last April. I have reduced his food to 1 cup twice a day because he was losing his waistline and getting fat. At this age is that too little?

I feed from the Fromm 4 star line. I think he does best on the Pork & Pea. I am currently trying the Hasen Duckenpfeffer (with the bunny shaped food). His ears and face break out or get yeasty on the Beef Frittata.

Hi Kim, you can switch to an adult kibble anytime from 6 months on. I switched both of my guys to From s Beef Frittata when they were 7 months old. I reduced their feedings from 1 cup three times a day, to 1 cup twice a day at the same time. The amount you are now feeding are perfect, and you are also feeding an excellent brand of food. Many bullies are either allergic or sensitive to chicken, salmon and sometimes beef. My guys didn't tolerate the beef either, Dozer was really allergic to it, so we switched to Fromms lamb and Lentil, he was okay on it for about 9 months, and then developed allergy symptoms again, so we switched him to Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Vegan, and we alternate between the Vegan and the Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Venison, which he is doing well on so far. Blossom is now on the Fromms Pork And Applesauce, but I want to try the Hasen Duckenpfeffer to see how they tolerate it.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I give the boys a cup of food in the morning and a cup of food in the evening. I feed them Fromm Hasen Duckenpfeffer. I should edit this to add that on Sunday they both get scrambled eggs mixed in with their morning meal and they also get sliced apples, or frozen banana slices a couple of times in the evening during the week. and of course fatso frankie gets a cookie every time he comes in from outside (we call this fake potty for cookies) :whistle:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
At a year old..... 1 cup 2x a day is perfect.... want him to slim down a bit, lessen kibble and add in green beans as a filler

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Thanks for the advice. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't underfeeding for any nutrients he needs as he settles into an adult size.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.