Thread: How much should I be feeding my bulldog?

Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fezzik
    Likes (Received)

Default How much should I be feeding my bulldog?

Fezzik just turned a year last April. I have reduced his food to 1 cup twice a day because he was losing his waistline and getting fat. At this age is that too little?

I feed from the Fromm 4 star line. I think he does best on the Pork & Pea. I am currently trying the Hasen Duckenpfeffer (with the bunny shaped food). His ears and face break out or get yeasty on the Beef Frittata.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How much should I be feeding my bulldog?

Quote Originally Posted by KimDe View Post
    Fezzik just turned a year last April. I have reduced his food to 1 cup twice a day because he was losing his waistline and getting fat. At this age is that too little?

I feed from the Fromm 4 star line. I think he does best on the Pork & Pea. I am currently trying the Hasen Duckenpfeffer (with the bunny shaped food). His ears and face break out or get yeasty on the Beef Frittata.
    Hi Kim, you can switch to an adult kibble anytime from 6 months on. I switched both of my guys to From s Beef Frittata when they were 7 months old. I reduced their feedings from 1 cup three times a day, to 1 cup twice a day at the same time. The amount you are now feeding are perfect, and you are also feeding an excellent brand of food. Many bullies are either allergic or sensitive to chicken, salmon and sometimes beef. My guys didn't tolerate the beef either, Dozer was really allergic to it, so we switched to Fromms lamb and Lentil, he was okay on it for about 9 months, and then developed allergy symptoms again, so we switched him to Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Vegan, and we alternate between the Vegan and the Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Venison, which he is doing well on so far. Blossom is now on the Fromms Pork And Applesauce, but I want to try the Hasen Duckenpfeffer to see how they tolerate it.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

3. Likes Texas Carol, Canelospeeps liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I give the boys a cup of food in the morning and a cup of food in the evening. I feed them Fromm Hasen Duckenpfeffer. I should edit this to add that on Sunday they both get scrambled eggs mixed in with their morning meal and they also get sliced apples, or frozen banana slices a couple of times in the evening during the week. and of course fatso frankie gets a cookie every time he comes in from outside (we call this fake potty for cookies)
    My smooshy face boy!

5. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

At a year old..... 1 cup 2x a day is perfect.... want him to slim down a bit, lessen kibble and add in green beans as a filler
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes Canelospeeps, Vikinggirl liked this post
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fezzik
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the advice. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't underfeeding for any nutrients he needs as he settles into an adult size.

9. Likes 2BullyMama, Vikinggirl liked this post

Remove Ads