How often do you need to rotate your dog's food?

LordNelson

May 28, 2014
Austin, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
I've had Nelson on Fromm's pork and peas for almost a year now, and while it has done well for him, I wonder if I need to rotate in different proteins/flavors on occasion.
If so, how often do folks normally do this?

Please note, he does get a lot of food in addition to his kibble, IE some steak or bacon on the weekend, apples/watermelons/bananas, carrots/broccoli/peas on a weekly basis.

Thanks!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Dang! Sounds like he eats better than I do. We don't change foods simply for the heck of it. It took a while to find one that worked well in terms of digestion, allergies, and protein content. No real need to change. The bullies never complain to me about it.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I am pretty well the same as you with the additions sept steak and bacon there is never enough left over for them lol
I just picked up 2 bags of Go dog food ( I feed 5 dogs here one is 110 lbs ) , I try not to rotate for that reason as there all different breeds and do not need the allergy issues, this food is excellent for Rosie My bully . I get almost 3 weeks out of that purchase at app $ 175.00 CDN . If it aint broke I do not fix it comes into play for Me also .

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Beauty of homecooking is variety ... I switch it up every 3 days[emoji4]

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea has pork and peas for breakfast and duck and hassenpheffer for dinner.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Honestly if he's having no issues with the food, and eating well - I would not switch or change anything!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've had Nelson on Fromm's pork and peas for almost a year now, and while it has done well for him, I wonder if I need to rotate in different proteins/flavors on occasion.
If so, how often do folks normally do this?

Please note, he does get a lot of food in addition to his kibble, IE some steak or bacon on the weekend, apples/watermelons/bananas, carrots/broccoli/peas on a weekly basis.

Thanks!

I would not mess with a good thing! Unless there are signs of issues, let it be ---- he has a great diet going

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Once I found the one that doesn't give my girls tear stains that was it. There is no switching up anything. They get ice cubes, eggs added to their food a couple times a week and a few morsels from left over breakfasts on weekends. No tear stains, no upset stomachs, no serious shedding, no gas.........no switching. lol

OP
L

LordNelson

May 28, 2014
Austin, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
No tear stains, no upset stomachs, no serious shedding, no gas.........no switching. lol

Thanks everyone!

He has minimal to no tear stains, no upset stomachs, and no gas. He does shed a lot, but I assume that's because he's pretty much all white -- so the shedding is obvious. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.