DEJESUS92

Feb 23, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Hello everyone,

So we have now had our boy Mack for a little over a month now. When we first got him, he was on Royal Canin but since then has been switched over to Fromm puppy formula (pink bag). After the first few days of being on that, his forehead started getting pink along with bumps. Initially they were bright pink, but since then have been dark red. His poop is also very inconsistent, sometimes being nice and firm, while other times like soft serve. He is also very itchy, constantly scratching. Could he possibly be allergic to the chicken in this food? If so would you recommend another food within the Fromm line, or even another brand?

Thanks!
IMG_1927.JPGIMG_1930.JPGIMG_1932.JPG

karla9895

Dec 23, 2013
Helena,MT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winter, Queen Shiva, Big Tiger & Louis Vuitton
image.pngThis one is grain free and doesn't contain chicken!

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Mine is also allergic to chicken. I cut it out from all food and treats. The Fromm 4 star line is an all stages food which means you can feed at all walks of life. Also if you need to switch within that line you can do so without mixing. I feed mine the beef and pork and peas which are grain free. Fromm guarantees every bag so I bought from the pet store so I could return the food if needed. I usually use the inside of his ears to see if he has a reaction. They usually get red and yeasty if he is allergic.

OP
D

DEJESUS92

Feb 23, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Awesome thank you guys! So just to verify, if I go from the Fromm puppy pink bag to the Fromm Heartland Gold puppy mix I do not need to do a slow transition?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I'm not sure about the puppy formula since I use the 4 star which specifically says interchangeable. But when I emailed Fromm in the past they have responded quickly. You may just want to take a large ziploc bag full and return or exchange the rest if you bought it at a store. Mix until Fromm or someone else says otherwise.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm not sure about the puppy formula since I use the 4 star which specifically says interchangeable. But when I emailed Fromm in the past they have responded quickly. You may just want to take a large ziploc bag full and return or exchange the rest if you bought it at a store. Mix until Fromm or someone else says otherwise.

Correct... Store should take bag back and give other flavor in exchange. We used the red meat grain free puppy for Lambeau and he did well on it

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hello everyone,

So we have now had our boy Mack for a little over a month now. When we first got him, he was on Royal Canin but since then has been switched over to Fromm puppy formula (pink bag). After the first few days of being on that, his forehead started getting pink along with bumps. Initially they were bright pink, but since then have been dark red. His poop is also very inconsistent, sometimes being nice and firm, while other times like soft serve. He is also very itchy, constantly scratching. Could he possibly be allergic to the chicken in this food? If so would you recommend another food within the Fromm line, or even another brand?

Thanks!
View attachment 98033View attachment 98034View attachment 98035

Hi, you've been given great advice above. I agree with KimDe, Fromms is an all stages food, and can be interchanged without doing a slow transition. I have Dozer my make who is allergic to 7 proteins so I understand the frustration of finding a food that he can tolerate. I hope you find one that agrees with Mack and he feels better soon.

OP
D

DEJESUS92

Feb 23, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Thank you all for the help! We have decided to switch to Fromm Heartland. Will update in a few weeks.

My next question is, Mack weights 17lbs now and is 3 months. Am I able to give him Zyrtec, and if so how much?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you all for the help! We have decided to switch to Fromm Heartland. Will update in a few weeks.

My next question is, Mack weights 17lbs now and is 3 months. Am I able to give him Zyrtec, and if so how much?

Yes... Give him half a tab

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online