General Question When to switch to adult food?

LukeM

Oct 13, 2015
Houston, Texas
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Goomba
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on here. I just moved to Oklahoma and Goomba is doing great!

At what age was your bully when you switched from puppy food to adult food? She's been doing great on Fromm puppy gold, but she's almost 1 year and I was wondering if I should make the switch soon!

Let me know what you guys did and what you think would be best for little Goomba! :p
image.png

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I started using an all stages food at about 9 months due to chicken allergies. I use the Fromm 4 star grain free foods. You can switch to an all stages food at any time. The 4 star line also lets you switch between types without having to mix.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Goomba... now that's original. Cool name.

I fed only orijen as it has no grains but that kibble your dogs need to be switched at 6-9 months or they will keep on growing lol. So all my dogs were on the adult orijen before 1yr old. Not sure if fromm the same.

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
I think its pretty normal to switch them to adult kibble between 6 and 12 months. If you notice they are getting a little chubby on the puppy kibble then its usually time to move on to the adult kibble.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks guys! I think we'll go ahead and make the switch!

Goomba.... Live that name every time i hear it!

We switched around 7-8 months

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Luke. We switched our guys to Adult Fromms when they were 7 months old. You can make the switch to adult formula dog food at any time after 6 to 7 months. At the same time you should also reduce the feelings from 1 cup of kibble 3 times a day to 1 cup of kibble twice a day.

michaelsbroly

Nov 20, 2015
Hempstead, Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Broly
Goomba... now that's original. Cool name.

I fed only orijen as it has no grains but that kibble your dogs need to be switched at 6-9 months or they will keep on growing lol. So all my dogs were on the adult orijen before 1yr old. Not sure if fromm the same.
Hi just wanted to ask what orijen food did you switch your EB to. Mine is 7 months and I still have him on orijen puppy, so I'm guessing it's time to look for the switch. I was actually planning on keeping him on it till the one year mark.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.