Getting a puppy in a weeks time

Dieter

Mar 31, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
Hi all!!

I am getting my puppy in a weeks time and I cant wait :) , he is going to be 8 weeks old. I have a question about puppy food, I live in South Africa and we do not have a great variety of good quality dog food. But I can get Acana.

Should I get him the PUPPY & JUNIOR FOR PUPPIES WEIGHING 9 TO 25 KGS AT MATURITY or the PUPPY LARGE BREED FOR PUPPIES WEIGHING OVER 25 KGS AT MATURITY?

Thanks

Dieter

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
How much do the parents weigh? You can gauge off of their weight. I fed mine the regular size puppy food until I switched to an all stages food. He is currently hovering around 54lbs at almost 1yr.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN ..... the regular puppy blend is fine, Acana is a great food.

karla9895

Dec 23, 2013
Helena,MT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winter, Queen Shiva, Big Tiger & Louis Vuitton
Congratulations on your new puppy :)
can you get Fromm puppy food?

OP
D

Dieter

Mar 31, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
Congratulations on your new puppy :)
can you get Fromm puppy food?

No, the best I can get is Acana. And then the other stuff like Hills & Royal Canin. Leaving at 10am for a meet and greet with the puppies and the parents.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Hi all!!

I am getting my puppy in a weeks time and I cant wait :) , he is going to be 8 weeks old. I have a question about puppy food, I live in South Africa and we do not have a great variety of good quality dog food. But I can get Acana.

Should I get him the PUPPY & JUNIOR FOR PUPPIES WEIGHING 9 TO 25 KGS AT MATURITY or the PUPPY LARGE BREED FOR PUPPIES WEIGHING OVER 25 KGS AT MATURITY?

Thanks

Dieter

Hi and Welcome:) Normally bulldogs should weigh a little less than 25 kg as adults... but I think it's common they weigh 25 kg and more:unsure: Two of mine currently weigh 29 kg, they're both 6 years old. When they were younger they weighed less, about 24 - 25 kg so they should lose some weight:ashamed: Males usually weighs a little more than females... It's a close call since they're on the weight mark, the breeder can tell you what the parents weigh and you can go from there:)

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Congrats on your new pup. I feed Orijen which is Acana's sister. Theres nothing wrong with feeding the large breed version, I usually do this with my pups.

OP
D

Dieter

Mar 31, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
HI all, meet Odin
uploadfromtaptalk1460353651190.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460353680953.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460353705341.jpg

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.