Need some help deciding which puppy to change their food

Jellyfish

Mar 24, 2016
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
On Friday, April 1st, Hank (8 week old EB) will be coming home. He is coming to me on Fromm 4 star Beef Frittata Veg Frittata. The breeder suggested that I keep him on Fromm 4 star grain free (but I could alternate the flavors). She likes the food and feels her dogs do well on it.

Daisy, my 5 month old French bulldog, come to me on TOTW and I switched her to Orijen (she has had both puppy and 6 fish now). The vet didn't like the idea of it because the protein is higher and suggested Fromm but she has done well on the food. Good stools, enjoys eating, growing steadily. I haven't seen her licking her paws or had any signs of allergies. I follow the feeding guidelines on the bag.

I'd like to at least attempt to have both dogs on the same food. I realize that may not happen but I'd like to try.

I am on the fence about which dog to switch. Orijen has chicken in their puppy and adult varieties which I've read that some bulldogs tend to have an allergy towards.

Could I hear people's opinions both ways and hopefully I can come to a decision?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Many members feed both of those foods.... I feed Fromm and do switch between flavors, I do avoid chicken and lamb due to allergies... Fromm now has a grain/chicken free puppy food. I have my Bulldog and Frenchie on Fromm Pork and Peas mostly and they both do great. Orijen is a fantastic food as well and if your Frenchie is doing well, it will not hurt to switch your new baby over to it from the Fromm

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Many members feed both of those foods.... I feed Fromm and do switch between flavors, I do avoid chicken and lamb due to allergies... Fromm now has a grain/chicken free puppy food. I have my Bulldog and Frenchie on Fromm Pork and Peas mostly and they both do great. Orijen is a fantastic food as well and if your Frenchie is doing well, it will not hurt to switch your new baby over to it from the Fromm

Totally agree 100 per cent
I have 5 dogs and do not have a big pet food store down the street so they must all be on the same food its just logistics at play for Me , I have never heard a bad word on either food mentioned good reasonable cost wise healthy food for your pups both also make excellent puppy food , roisi is on My brands puppy food for a couple more months then she will go on the adult food with the rest of the hoards ! lol no I do not look at my pet food bill and no I rarely eat steak due to it lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.