Help Needed! Zyrtec for allergies

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
My dog Red has been eating Fromm gold beef frattata for at least 6 weeks now. He is still licking his paws, scratching at his eyes and ears and licking his paws

He gets ACV in his water. He won't eat his food if I put coconut oil on it but he will eat yogurt. How long before you notice a change when you give them yogurt?

If I give Zyrtec do you give the 12 hour one and do you give only 1 pill a day? He weighs about 45 pounds.

Thank you

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Zyrtec is one pill a day

For food results can be immediate or take a few weeks.... what food was he on before the Beef Fritatta and how how is he?

OP
S

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red
Zyrtec is one pill a day

For food results can be immediate or take a few weeks.... what food was he on before the Beef Fritatta and how how is he?

He was on taste of the wild wetlands. Still licking his paws and rolling around on carpet or grass to scratch. I use the malceptic wipes on his feet and he likes that but goes back to chewing

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
My vet was anti-Zyrtec. Recommends Claritin or Benedryl, just an FYI!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I would lean towards environmental allergies rather than the food. Food allergies will usually cause skin issues (sores, tear stains, loss of fur) vs constant itching. Itching sounds more like environmental issues...

My vet recommended Zyrtec and one every day and if his allergies are really bad one every 12 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.