General Question Joint Supplement

AWD GS

Apr 29, 2015
Philly
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Just curious what is a good joint supplement for Bulldogs? I'd like to start Stella on one but I'm not sure where to begin or what to look for when choosing a supplement. I've seen several different brands at my local store all with different ingredients/vitamins but I want to make sure that it's a good product for her. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We use NuJoint Plus made by NuVet

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Nujoint is the best, no fillers at all- made in the USA with money back guarantee. They also make a daily vitamin and mineral supplement called NuVet plus- both are the best in the industry because it's all derived from great sources for easy absorption. I've been using it for over 5 years. The website is NuVet Labs – Home and the order code is 1101106.

The joint supplement is where I noticed such a difference. No more stiffness when getting up, Perk in her step.... Works wonders. They also have the Nujoint DS which is double strength for dogs with arthritis and hip displaysia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
AWD GS

AWD GS

Apr 29, 2015
Philly
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
thank you both for the responses. i have seen Nuvet mentioned on the forum during my research on supplements. I'll take a look at their site, thank you

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I use Nupro immunity and joint support.
They used to get little limps here and there- especially after running around outside.
They've been on it for a couple of months and I haven't seen a limp since before we started.
It's also made with human grade ingredients in the USA.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I been giving joint strong to my girl , Porkchop for two years . I did buy Fetch fuel its suppose to be good for hips and joints. Unfortunately, she was allergic to the gravy supplement. I stopped and back to joint strong. It appears to work for her best.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I used NuJoint for my boxer...

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
I have used Sea Jerky for a long time. We started using on our large breed mutt on a vet's recommendation that she get supplements her whole life since we found her at 2 1/2 weeks old. She lived to be 11 when they thought she wouldn't live five.

Last edited by a moderator:

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Anna [MENTION=15635]Frith[/MENTION] is there a particular flavor of sea jerky that you recommend?

joe5268

Aug 6, 2015
Long Island, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
The company I work for (a nutritional supplement company) actually makes a few products for dogs joint health. If anyone is interested, I can probably get a coupon code for the forum. Not sure if that violates forum rules though so PM me if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The company I work for (a nutritional supplement company) actually makes a few products for dogs joint health. If anyone is interested, I can probably get a coupon code for the forum. Not sure if that violates forum rules though so PM me if interested.
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] ... PM her and you can discuss

bulldogsandbonsai

Jul 23, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Reviving an old thread. What is everyone's opinion of giving join supplements to pups? I gave Cosequin DS to my last EB beginning at about age 4 or 5 when she began to have knee problems...it helped her quite a bit. I now have a new pup (~3.5 months old). When/should I begin giving her joint supplements? I'm giving her Nuvet (1/day) and coconut oil now.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reviving an old thread. What is everyone's opinion of giving join supplements to pups? I gave Cosequin DS to my last EB beginning at about age 4 or 5 when she began to have knee problems...it helped her quite a bit. I now have a new pup (~3.5 months old). When/should I begin giving her joint supplements? I'm giving her Nuvet (1/day) and coconut oil now.

I don’t believe it will hurt in any way. i started Lambeau at 1yr

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online