Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
2016-03-01 06.50.33.jpg

At our house it's a story of its own...:tongue:

When I start taking the bowls out our newest member Alice the Basset starts to howl and climb like a cat on my legs:fie: By the time she's calmed down a little I'm hopefully done filling the bowls with kibble:whew: Alice is eating special gastro intestine food and Joey gets diet food, so it's three different foods to dish.

Before the filling of the bowls I've cooked some type of meat for them, usually lean beef mince. This is to get Boeboe and Bennie to eat at all:facepalm2: The reason I go through this step is cos Boeboe HAS to eat, she's got empty tummy syndrome and will start to puke if she doesn't eat:( Bennie is just spoiled:eek:

When the kibble and the meat is dished out (they all get meat of course, no unfairness here;)), I start with the add on's... Joey and Lycka the Pug gets glucosamine powder, Boeboe should have it too but refuses to eat it:sneaky2: since Boeboe is SO picky she also refuses to eat coconut oil and yogurt, which is unfortunate cos she's the one needing it the most cos of recurrent skin issues:moping: Everyone else gets both coconut oil and yogurt, Boeboe gets protexin so she at least gets something "good".

Occasionally they also get diatomaceous earth to prevent worms... it also has other health benefits. They don't like it much so I have to mix it with mince to get them to eat it:mellow:

So when everything is in the bowls the real mission starts... I have to take Alice outside to eat cos she'll eat her food in 1 second and then start sucking up everyone elses:ohmy: so when she's done it sounds like a bear trying to get in through the door while the others eat...

Bennie and Boeboe can't eat in the same room, they'll start a fight even though none of them really want their food in the first place:facepalm2:

If I'm lucky everyone finishes their food nicely without me having to hand feed some... and by some, I mean Boeboe and Bennie:tongue:

Here's the gang starting from the left:

Boeboe, Bennie, Joey, Alice, Harvey and Lycka.

Boeboepoem.jpgBenniepoem.jpgPhotoArt_03062015110304.jpg2016-02-09 12.09.43.jpgPetras pics 037.jpg2013-08-16 16.01.58.jpg

Attachments

• Joeypoem.jpg
    Joeypoem.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 133

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] All your dogs are so beautiful-and you are also!
I feed my dogs Taste of the Wild,Pacific Salmon kibble. They eat 3 times a day(the main meal about 3 p.m.) They get a probiotic and Nuvet plus. In about 2 minutes,they are done! In the a.m/they get a handful of dog food each. At night before bed they get a little bit of food with plain yogurt.The only one I've ever heard chew is the small one! the3.JPG

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Petra, I so love your family of beautiful fur babies!

And I thought I had a lot of work to go through with my boy's meal times! Mine is easy-peasy compared to yours. They're now on Acana Fish flavor and get fed at 6:30am and 5:30pm, 1 cup of kibble each. On top of that I will usually give them some plain organic yogurt and if mom remembers, a fish oil capsule. Lately I've been giving them some sweet potato too which they love, more as a treat/extra than part of their meals though.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Why haven't I thought of oil capsules???:stupid: Thanks for that idea [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]:)

Forgot to say, they eat twice a day. 7 am and 7pm, less of a mission in the evening though, I don't do the add on's then:tongue:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Goodness, meal time is a full-time job at your house Petra… Lol

My crew eats at 6am, 12pm (Willow only) and 5pm. They both get kibble w/yogurt and a NuVet tab for breakfast, Willow gets kibble for lunch and I give Walter a snack, and dinner is kibble w/probiotic for Walter. I also give them a snack about 8pm which is fruit… banana w/a small amount of peanut butter, apple and cheese, berries (but Walter is allergic), etc...

Walter seems to be allergic to coconut oil and salmon oil so I'm not really sure what I'm going to do w/his and his dry skin. I may have to do fish oil capsules, I have tried everything… Ugh!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Feeding time at my house I have to coax FTSE to his meal he sniffs and walks away don't know why he is not skinny then he after a day or two he eats normal again just really frustrates me and there is no medical reason why he does it just not fussed I think

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Well.....Ummmm......Joey's mealtime is FAR less exciting. Maybe I'm doing something WRONG??

6AM and 5PM, Life's Abundance puppy (she is 9 months old), Braggs ACV (cap full on kibble) in AM and just kibble in the evening. I tried her on the really good greek yogurt but turns out she is lactose intolerant and had BAD soft stools for days, back to normal when I stopped.

Boy do I sound like a bad bully Mom OR WHAT ???? Should I be adding stuff too?

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Love ya M8 , ya as we are coming down in numbers of dogs here you and i could exchange stories, good for you you got it !
funny there are some mornings I love or maybe parts of mornings , like say when they all want out I love that full excitement of the dogs rushing out the door , now some are on leads but very long leads like 100 plus feet as they would be gone in there excitement sorry to say . Feeding time is like you but all get it and I take no prisoners at feeding time and allow them to correct any thiefs it only happens a couple of times at the very beginning and all is good there after
We start our day normally at 5 am to 6 am then it is cuddle time and play time lol

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Well.....Ummmm......Joey's mealtime is FAR less exciting. Maybe I'm doing something WRONG??

6AM and 5PM, Life's Abundance puppy (she is 9 months old), Braggs ACV (cap full on kibble) in AM and just kibble in the evening. I tried her on the really good greek yogurt but turns out she is lactose intolerant and had BAD soft stools for days, back to normal when I stopped.

Boy do I sound like a bad bully Mom OR WHAT ???? Should I be adding stuff too?

I rather think you're doing something right:) I've got the glucosamine cos both Boeboe and Joey has had hip dysplasia operations. The coconut oil was for Boeboe initially (who refuses to eat it) cos she's got difficult skin. The yogurt was a hit in the beginning but now neither Boeboe or Bennie eats it... I guess they get bored:unsure: I think if they're on a good food they wont really need add on's:) unless they have a health problem of course. As long as Joey's healthy and happy you don't need to stress<3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I rather think you're doing something right:) I've got the glucosamine cos both Boeboe and Joey has had hip dysplasia operations. The coconut oil was for Boeboe initially (who refuses to eat it) cos she's got difficult skin. The yogurt was a hit in the beginning but now neither Boeboe or Bennie eats it... I guess they get bored:unsure: I think if they're on a good food they wont really need add on's:) unless they have a health problem of course. As long as Joey's healthy and happy you don't need to stress<3

Whew!! THANK YOU for saying that! I was getting worried......I was hoping to start Joey on coconut oil on her evening kibble, I bought really good kind for me to cook with and thought well maybe I should start Joey on it because of all of the benefits. It is solid, let's say I want to start her, how would I do that? Just scoop some out and drop on top of food? Or do you let it liquefy? Does it even matter? She is 45#, I'll start out with just a little bit but if she does OK on it what would be a normal daily dose? Thank you again [MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] !

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Whew!! THANK YOU for saying that! I was getting worried......I was hoping to start Joey on coconut oil on her evening kibble, I bought really good kind for me to cook with and thought well maybe I should start Joey on it because of all of the benefits. It is solid, let's say I want to start her, how would I do that? Just scoop some out and drop on top of food? Or do you let it liquefy? Does it even matter? She is 45#, I'll start out with just a little bit but if she does OK on it what would be a normal daily dose? Thank you again @Petra !

Normally an adult bulldog gets 2 tbsp/day but it's better to start with maybe 1/2 - 1 tbsp in the beginning so they can get used to it:) It doesn't matter if it's solid or liquid, I give mine what ever the oil decides... if it's warm here it's liquid, if it's cold it's solid:tongue:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy chaos! Since I only have the two, they are required to sit and stay while the meal is being prepared and then they do not move till I release them to their bowl. Cheli eats first, then I take his bowl away and place Lambeau's... Lambeau is eleased to eat while I clean Cheli's bowl and Cheli just knows to stay away while Lambeau eats..... however, once Lambeau is done and walks away, Cheli likes to go check for any leftovers.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Petra, Your Harvey, a Chihuahua right? Looks just like my MeMe. View attachment 96313

Haha, ja! Adorable <3 I don't think Harvey is 100% Chihuahua, we got him from the state rescue when he was only a few weeks old. He was scheduled to be put down along with his mom and brother:*( My husband was there to donate money and saw them. He took the two brothers with him home and we both didn't sleep all night cos we felt so bad for the mother, so the next day he fetched her too. We found homes for the brother and mother but Harvey stayed:)

Here's a pic of the mom... she's a mix breed, but I'm pretty sure Harvey's dad is a Chihuahua cos he looks very much like on...

2012-10-31 08.17.22.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.