General Question My dog is sick of Fromm's beef friatta !

Bulldoginsfl

Oct 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello everyone. My boy of almost 4 years of age is sick of his kibble. I maybe partly to blame. I maybe a bad dog parent but I spoil my dog at times. Since he was young at my breakfast time in which I generally eat a banana with my kibble I cut 4-5 small quarter inch thick slices of banana and smother one side with chunky peanut butter and give it to" Buddy " . I have noticed for the past year or 2 he doesn't want his kibble during the day, he is more of a nightly ( 6:30 pm) eater. That is unless I have company here and he can't help but want to be the center of attention and get loved and patted . He is a very friendly boy ! but when I do have company or a service person coming over he gets excited and after 10 or 15 mins or his ( in his mind) well deserved attention will go over to his bowl and start to eat his kibble. I have no idea whats up with that but when someones here he makes dashs between his dog bowl and attention seeking. I as a standard of feeding him have to think of things to add to his kibble at night so I can entice him to eat all of it. It used to be white chicken breast meat then a few pieces of chicken precooked sausage to even pepperoni ( which I wash the spices out of ) in which I buy at the store just for him. I know as a bully parent these practices are not the best and I should gradually change them. He started out with TOTW grain free ( pacific stream salmon) and then after reading here many people seem to like the Fromms as well as the fact my first vet who was a frenchy breeder fed all her dogs fromms so how can you go wrong ? To make a long story short. should I possibly change his kibble because he really isn't too fond of it any more? Also and I know I have to change my habits of giving him people food as well. If anyone has a dog that loves his kibble. please advise me , Thank you

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You can change Fromms proteins to anything in the four star line w/out a gradual period. I do it almost every single time to give my dog a variety, he was just on the beef and I bought pork & applesauce for this month. Most people on here (including me) give their dog people food, what you are giving him and how much is the biggest concern. I normally use add-ins as snack, or I add fruit/veggies on TOP of kibble to keep in interesting for them. Obviously both my dogs get kibble as their main meals (Walter 2 times and Willow 3 times a day) and I give them snacks for training periods & in the evening a couple of hours after dinner. You just have to be careful w/this breed about adding too much weight on them because of their size & limited exercise ability.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
My dog loves his kibble, but only because that is the only thing I give him. His treats are either more kibble or fruits and veggies (like banana, green beans, carrots, apples, etc.). He does not get fed while we are eating. I do notice sometimes that he will stop eating to pay attention to me so I direct him back to his kibble and rub him while he eats.

A new kibble may be more enticing to him. With the Fromm 4 star you can switch immediately and not have to mix foods for a week. Also if you bought it from a store, you can return it for a full refund because he doesn't like it.

Instead of chicken slices, you could try some baby food as additives. I used to add the chicken baby food to his kibble as a puppy to make it more enticing. It is easy to mix in and is more wet so it blends.

Is he interested in toys? Mine gets half of his breakfast in dispensing balls when I leave for work so it distracts him and he has to work for his food.

Hopefully some of what I said is helpful.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree try a different 4 star, in doing the German one with rabbit and duck in between beef frittata- and my crew loves it! As a matter of fact there is less poop in the yard so it may be better than beef for my gang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
try another Fromm we switch Beef Fraitta then Salmon Tunaili he gets a carrot daily i only add either coconut or yogurt to his kibble every other day. With all his allergies giving human food is not an option and I like it that way. Good luck hope you find something that works for you. :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello everyone. My boy of almost 4 years of age is sick of his kibble. I maybe partly to blame. I maybe a bad dog parent but I spoil my dog at times. Since he was young at my breakfast time in which I generally eat a banana with my kibble I cut 4-5 small quarter inch thick slices of banana and smother one side with chunky peanut butter and give it to" Buddy " . I have noticed for the past year or 2 he doesn't want his kibble during the day, he is more of a nightly ( 6:30 pm) eater. That is unless I have company here and he can't help but want to be the center of attention and get loved and patted . He is a very friendly boy ! but when I do have company or a service person coming over he gets excited and after 10 or 15 mins or his ( in his mind) well deserved attention will go over to his bowl and start to eat his kibble. I have no idea whats up with that but when someones here he makes dashs between his dog bowl and attention seeking. I as a standard of feeding him have to think of things to add to his kibble at night so I can entice him to eat all of it. It used to be white chicken breast meat then a few pieces of chicken precooked sausage to even pepperoni ( which I wash the spices out of ) in which I buy at the store just for him. I know as a bully parent these practices are not the best and I should gradually change them. He started out with TOTW grain free ( pacific stream salmon) and then after reading here many people seem to like the Fromms as well as the fact my first vet who was a frenchy breeder fed all her dogs fromms so how can you go wrong ? To make a long story short. should I possibly change his kibble because he really isn't too fond of it any more? Also and I know I have to change my habits of giving him people food as well. If anyone has a dog that loves his kibble. please advise me , Thank you

agree with the gang.... you can switch between the 4 star grain free line from one meal to the other without issue. I use pork and peas and the new German flavor with duck/rabbit

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Bass will grow tired of one Fromm flavor if we get it more than 3/4 times in a row. The last time we were at the Pet Store, the clerks raved how they couldn't keep the new Fromm flavor on the shelf, customers LOVED it…Duckenpfeffer…I have not tried it yet, it does have potato, keep in mind if that's an allergy worry…you can try the salmon one as well, we've had luck w/that. We try to switch up brands as soon as he is not devouring his morning kibble, a sign that he is getting sick of the flavor.

OP
B

Bulldoginsfl

Oct 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I will buy different Fromm's 4 star tomorrow. I like that baby food idea too ! Buddy is a little big, last time we were at the vets he was 64lbs. I know his Daddy was big. according to the breeder but also I have seen some eb that were HUGE I mean these guys were like 90 lbs or so. At least that's what they looked to be. He turns 4 in April and one person told me after year 3 they turn into coach potatoes but Buddy loves to play and run although he has always been a coach potato when he sleeps ! Anyways Thank you everyone..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.