Vitamins in dog foods, what to be aware of

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Every time you think you are making the right decision…

I saw on FB today that Dr. Becker rates commercially made dog food as one of the lowest on her recommended food list. I honestly do not have the time to make raw food for my dogs daily, and I have purchased the frozen raw patties but they are ridiculously expensive. You can't win…

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Dang. The link won't load on my phone. I'll check it out on my PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Weird, when I try to click the link I get a 403 permission denied error, then on any of their links I am getting that error. Is it working for anyone else?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Not everything written in the internet is true eather. As you know the media has a tendency to exaccerate things and people who are selling their own stuff put down others. Everything is eather all bad or all good. That DR. Becker just might be a pretty front face for some company selling their own idea and brand. Selling raw dog food is becoming as big of a bisnes as kibble is, so there is shady manufacturers there as well who's main goal is to get the biggest possible profits, so they will advertise on being healthy and put what ever s**t in their food.
Luckily we have good natural raw foods available here and it is not much more time consuming in my opinion to feed raw than kibble. I actually enjoy "cooking" for the boys. Hubby cooks for me and I cook for our kids.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Doesn't matter what we eat or feed our pets there is always someone saying it's bad honestly if we listened to everything we would all be anorexic from not eating and then be sick

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Weird, when I try to click the link I get a 403 permission denied error, then on any of their links I am getting that error. Is it working for anyone else?

I can't pull it up now either. I tried to get just the magazine and it is extremely slow to load.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Doesn't matter what we eat or feed our pets there is always someone saying it's bad honestly if we listened to everything we would all be anorexic from not eating and then be sick

I agree it is confusing, one day something is bad for you, then next, it's the best food ever and vice versa! Who do you believe?..... However this alone scares the daylights out of me (from the article). The thing is, if we didn't pay attention to what is in our pets food, we would still be feeding them rubbish foods and be none the wiser. It frustrates me when I go shopping and see people loading up on awful foods in the supermarket. I know all of us on here do the best we can with the information we have and I guess that is all we can do.

Made In China

You may be trying to avoid Chinese ingredients for your dog. And that’s an excellent idea because China has a terrible track record when it comes to food safety …

… in 2007 alone, synthetic vitamin premixes from China killed over 4,000 cats and dogs.

Yet China owns over 90% of the vitamin C market in the US and most of the vitamins in dog foods are manufactured in China and India.

This should worry you because only 2 percent of all imported vitamins are inspected. And China’s top vitamin and supplement producing areas are among the most polluted in the world.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree it is confusing, one day something is bad for you, then next, it's the best food ever and vice versa! Who do you believe?..... However this alone scares the daylights out of me (from the article). The thing is, if we didn't pay attention to what is in our pets food, we would still be feeding them rubbish foods and be none the wiser. It frustrates me when I go shopping and see people loading up on awful foods in the supermarket. I know all of us on here do the best we can with the information we have and I guess that is all we can do.

Made In China

You may be trying to avoid Chinese ingredients for your dog. And that’s an excellent idea because China has a terrible track record when it comes to food safety …

… in 2007 alone, synthetic vitamin premixes from China killed over 4,000 cats and dogs.

Yet China owns over 90% of the vitamin C market in the US and most of the vitamins in dog foods are manufactured in China and India.

This should worry you because only 2 percent of all imported vitamins are inspected. And China’s top vitamin and supplement producing areas are among the most polluted in the world.

This I can agree with, made in China stuff is horrible. That is why I stick with Fromm..... no China ingredients.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Finally got this to pull up! This article is actually very good. This is one of the reasons I love NuVet Plus, because it is made in the USA and no synthetic vitamins, no ingredients from china, and their testimonies are remarkable. To me, Fromm food and NuVet plus is a magic combination of epitome of health. Both manufactured in the USA without China ingredients, not even from a USA lab that gets stuff from there..... this is all grade A stuff.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Here's a thought...If Everything from China is bad, how come there's so many chinese people...:ROFL:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

Made In China

Totally agree with you I also don't buy any human food from China
It scared me too as we only want the best for our babies

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Thank you for this link, that's a very good summary of very interesting information!
And yeah, it's sad.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.