Contact Lens Solution for Tear Stains

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ms Ellie has some little Tear Stain Marks, that I want to nip in the bud, I read among the boards a post, of someone using Contact Lens Solution to help with them, and good results, Has anyone else used this method??

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Interesting. I have no experience with it. I do use simple saline to clean Ty's eyes after coming in from walks. Can't see it hurting :) Let us know.

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Thanks for the feedback, I decided for right now to just warm compresses, just a very little but of gunk came off but, it looks like it might be a little sore and infected... Ellie Eye 1.jpgEllie Eye 2.jpg

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Thanks for the feedback, I decided for right now to just warm compresses, just a very little but of gunk came off but, it looks like it might be a little sore and infected...View attachment 95771View attachment 95772

Looks like it might be a hot spot. Lockjaw got one right in the fold under his eye and looked very similar. He doesn't have an issue with tear stains like Penny does. I also use witch hazel on the fold and face.
But for now, i'de keep it clean and dry and try putting desitin on it. It should start getting better in a few days.
I'm still new to the EB world, so you can look up some threads on hot spots as well.
As a reference, here's what his looked like:

71a6e141de3e3ba7ec4478f5e72b1c00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Looks like it might be a hot spot. Lockjaw got one right in the fold under his eye and looked very similar. He doesn't have an issue with tear stains like Penny does. I also use witch hazel on the fold and face.
But for now, i'de keep it clean and dry and try putting desitin on it. It should start getting better in a few days.
I'm still new to the EB world, so you can look up some threads on hot spots as well.

Thanks so much for the information, I will look into that!! :D

Looked at her this AM, and definitely looks better....

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
0ed9c92849e7120b4735fa5c75a23757.jpg

Getting MUCH better!! Some witch hazel seems to be helping - also removed just 100% of the gains from her diet

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie

OMG!! Lockjaw looks so much like Ellie!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.