Reddish brown tear staining- help!!!!

Dukiesmom

Feb 8, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dukie (Duke)
I have switched foods since getting Dukie. I feed natural balance LID fish & sweet potato. Everything seems fine except Duke, my moms cavalier & my 2 rescue yorkies now have tear stains & a stained mouth. What should I switch them to to avoid this?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Id try a teaspoon of yogurt every morning for them. They can also be on a different food separate from Dukie, maybe they're reacting to the fish?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be the fish is too strong for them.... if they were good on the previous food, I would place them back on it and leave Duke on the NB

OP
D

Dukiesmom

Feb 8, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dukie (Duke)
I fed raw from Ross wells that a co op ordered but their quality was going down & I was concerned about them getting the proper nutrients. I didn't go raw with Duke because he doesn't chew, just gulps. I didn't want him gulping pieces of bone. Hmmmmm

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chumley got bad stains when he was on NB too..I didn't attribute it to it at the time and I switched for a different reason but they're completely gone shortly after the switch.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I fed raw from Ross wells that a co op ordered but their quality was going down & I was concerned about them getting the proper nutrients. I didn't go raw with Duke because he doesn't chew, just gulps. I didn't want him gulping pieces of bone. Hmmmmm

We feed Fromm (I flip flavors, but our Frenchie does great on it) but i am having issue with Lambeau's ears and just this week placed him on The Honest Kitchen till i can get allergy testing done. I am not convinced his issues are totally food related, but in 4 days, I noticed his eyes have stopped watering, the tear stains are getting lighter and his ears are not as dirty.... but his paws have not changed at all.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.