Vatrice23

Jan 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Hello we have a 2 year old Bulldog female. We were having some trouble with her allergies the vet put her on a antibiotic that seemed to help. When she was finished with it she went back to straching licking her paws and running down the side of the wall. So she put her back on the antibiotics and we switched her food from Royal Canin to Natural Balance sweet potatoe and venison. Which seems to be helping her treats are also the same thing. I've read that we should put Greek yogurt and coconut oil in her food. My question is does the food make her smell funny??

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It can. Generally food is one of the leading causes of yeasty smells on our pups. It can be a lot of trial and error to find a food that works well for them.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Hello we have a 2 year old Bulldog female. We were having some trouble with her allergies the vet put her on a antibiotic that seemed to help. When she was finished with it she went back to straching licking her paws and running down the side of the wall. So she put her back on the antibiotics and we switched her food from Royal Canin to Natural Balance sweet potatoe and venison. Which seems to be helping her treats are also the same thing. I've read that we should put Greek yogurt and coconut oil in her food. My question is does the food make her smell funny??
What kind of smell? Try the ACV remedy...

OP
V

Vatrice23

Jan 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
I've been putting the ACV in her water daily. I have also put coconut oil in her food at dinner and yogurt in the morning. So I guess we will see if all of this works. Does anyone give there BD fish oil for thir joints?? I think she might be allergic to the fish oil.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I give one capsule of cod liver and she's fine. Not giving it daily just yet as she's only 4.5 months old. No issues so far. 1 teaspoon of Coconut oil every 3 days also for now. So far so good.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I've been putting the ACV in her water daily. I have also put coconut oil in her food at dinner and yogurt in the morning. So I guess we will see if all of this works. Does anyone give there BD fish oil for thir joints?? I think she might be allergic to the fish oil.
What brand of acv are you using? Is she drinking the whole bowl of water, if so, are you adding a capful in the replenished water? What kind of smell and from where? Her paws, her breath, her face/folds?? If it's from the paws, you can try a paw rinse…curious if it's a yeasty smell or something more serious that would need a prescript??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think she might be allergic to the fish oil.

This is possible, my girl was allergic to salmon and I could not use fish oil for her, she would get runny poo so I used coconut oil

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
My guys won't touch water with ACV in it! So many benefits of it and I can't get them to try it...it smells awful no?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My guys won't touch water with ACV in it! So many benefits of it and I can't get them to try it...it smells awful no?

Same..my guys will not touch it

Members online

No members online now.