Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The smell of your bulldog

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    4
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default The smell of your bulldog

    Hello we have a 2 year old Bulldog female. We were having some trouble with her allergies the vet put her on a antibiotic that seemed to help. When she was finished with it she went back to straching licking her paws and running down the side of the wall. So she put her back on the antibiotics and we switched her food from Royal Canin to Natural Balance sweet potatoe and venison. Which seems to be helping her treats are also the same thing. I've read that we should put Greek yogurt and coconut oil in her food. My question is does the food make her smell funny??

  2. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  3. #2
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,479
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2585

    Default Re: The smell of your bulldog

    It can. Generally food is one of the leading causes of yeasty smells on our pups. It can be a lot of trial and error to find a food that works well for them.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  4. Likes dolphin liked this post
  5. #3
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Barrys Bay Ont Canada
    Posts
    2,320
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)
    3173

    Default Re: The smell of your bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    It can. Generally food is one of the leading causes of yeasty smells on our pups. It can be a lot of trial and error to find a food that works well for them.
    Well said , it takes time to find the right food , Well said Marine91
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

    ...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

  6. #4
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,775
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    1915
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: The smell of your bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrice23 View Post
    Hello we have a 2 year old Bulldog female. We were having some trouble with her allergies the vet put her on a antibiotic that seemed to help. When she was finished with it she went back to straching licking her paws and running down the side of the wall. So she put her back on the antibiotics and we switched her food from Royal Canin to Natural Balance sweet potatoe and venison. Which seems to be helping her treats are also the same thing. I've read that we should put Greek yogurt and coconut oil in her food. My question is does the food make her smell funny??
    What kind of smell? Try the ACV remedy...

    "Unequivocally the Sweetest"

  7. Likes dolphin liked this post
  8. #5
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: The smell of your bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    What kind of smell? Try the ACV remedy...


  9. #6
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    4
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: The smell of your bulldog

    I've been putting the ACV in her water daily. I have also put coconut oil in her food at dinner and yogurt in the morning. So I guess we will see if all of this works. Does anyone give there BD fish oil for thir joints?? I think she might be allergic to the fish oil.

  10. #7
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    5,036
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    6249

    Default Re: The smell of your bulldog

    I give one capsule of cod liver and she's fine. Not giving it daily just yet as she's only 4.5 months old. No issues so far. 1 teaspoon of Coconut oil every 3 days also for now. So far so good.

  11. #8
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,775
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    1915
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: The smell of your bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrice23 View Post
    I've been putting the ACV in her water daily. I have also put coconut oil in her food at dinner and yogurt in the morning. So I guess we will see if all of this works. Does anyone give there BD fish oil for thir joints?? I think she might be allergic to the fish oil.
    What brand of acv are you using? Is she drinking the whole bowl of water, if so, are you adding a capful in the replenished water? What kind of smell and from where? Her paws, her breath, her face/folds?? If it's from the paws, you can try a paw rinse…curious if it's a yeasty smell or something more serious that would need a prescript??

    "Unequivocally the Sweetest"

  12. #9
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,154
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11484

    Default Re: The smell of your bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrice23 View Post
    I think she might be allergic to the fish oil.
    This is possible, my girl was allergic to salmon and I could not use fish oil for her, she would get runny poo so I used coconut oil
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  13. #10
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Chumley's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Patchogue, NY
    Posts
    4,762
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)
    1211

    Default Re: The smell of your bulldog

    My guys won't touch water with ACV in it! So many benefits of it and I can't get them to try it...it smells awful no?

  14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  15. #11
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,154
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11484

    Default Re: The smell of your bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    My guys won't touch water with ACV in it! So many benefits of it and I can't get them to try it...it smells awful no?
    Same..my guys will not touch it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •