Dukiesmom

Feb 8, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dukie (Duke)
I switched Dukie from Royal canin at 8 weeks to natural balance LID sweet potato & fish formula. Everything seems good except he has a bit of an odor. A bit of gas when he sleeps on my lap, but not huge. He has no yeast issues & I keep his folds & tail pocket clean.. Just an all over slight odor that I've never had with other breeds. I bathed him last night & did an ACV/ water rinse. He doesn't smell at this point. He is tearing a bit the last couple of weeks which I wipe dry, I think he's teething ( 4 months old now). Should I keep him on this food or change to FROMM grain free? Wondering if the odor could be from the food......

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You could try giving him a tablespoon of plain yogurt with his food. That will definitely help with gas.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I used Natural Balance LID on Chumley when i first got him..it seemed to be fine. I switched after a year trying to eliminate any possible causes of a bad skin allergy he got..i dont think it was the NB...I have to say since i switched hee gets no tear stains and his gas isnt as deadly!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would stay with the food for now.... teething is probably causing the tearing and the odor could be from the fish, but try some yogurt and see if it helps before going a food switch since he does seem good in all other areas.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.